I been looking at OnePlus phones and very interested. One question about them is how regular are Google's security updates released to the device and how long can you really expect them and Android version updates to be received?

I would like to stay with an Android phone as I have a Moto X4 Android one phone now and well it gets updated regularly but is still always a month or two behind sometimes they get the update before the current month is out then skip a month.

I would like to recommend it to a few friends that still have iPhone 5s but have no interest in paying 750 to 1000 us dollars for a new iPhone.

Google's pixel line seems to be always updated and Nokia from what I hear is decent with keeping devices up to date.
    06-28-2019 07:07 AM
    I been looking at OnePlus phones and very interested. One question about them is how regular are Google's security updates released to the device and how long can you really expect them and Android version updates to be received?

I would like to stay with an Android phone as I have a Moto X4 Android one phone now and well it gets updated regularly but is still always a month or two behind sometimes they get the update before the current month is out then skip a month.

I would like to recommend it to a few friends that still have iPhone 5s but have no interest in paying 750 to 1000 us dollars for a new iPhone.

Google's pixel line seems to be always updated and Nokia from what I hear is decent with keeping devices up to date.
    It depends on which firmware you are running and which model of OnePlus 6T you have.

The global model on the stock, stable, OxygenOS, receives Android Security patch updates on a bi-monthly, (every 2 months), basis. Currently on MAY 2019

The global model on the Open Beta test firmware receives Android Security patch updates on a monthly basis, usually. Currently on JUNE 2019

The T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant is governed by the carrier and receives Android security patches every 3 months. Currently on APRIL 2019
    06-28-2019 09:23 AM
    So it is about the current update cadence of Moto Android one phone but has a beta channel Moto lacks.

How about band 71 support on the international unlocked version? I have little interest in being locked to a carrier and not able to update if I switch from TMO prepaid.
    06-28-2019 10:34 AM
    So it is about the current update cadence of Moto Android one phone but has a beta channel Moto lacks.

How about band 71 support on the international unlocked version? I have little interest in being locked to a carrier and not able to update if I switch from TMO prepaid.
    The global model supports LTE Band 71 (600) in Europe and North America. See...

https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_6t-9350.php
    06-28-2019 12:43 PM
    There is always the option of purchasing a TMobile variant of the phone then flashing the global firmware onto it then putting it on to the beta program( which I did and love it) and you get regular updates and you know with confidence that it will work with most international bands including ones in the US.
    mikey1273 likes this.
    06-29-2019 12:55 AM