Stuck on bootloader while flashing TWRP on Oneplus 6

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I m trying to root my One Plus 6.
The bootloader shows my device as "DEVICE STATE - unlocked".

When I use the command "fastboot flash boot twrp-3.2.3-1-enchilada.img" it gives me :

'Sending 'boot_b' (28728 KB) OKAY [ 0.816s]
Writing 'boot_b' OKAY [ 0.248s]
Finished. Total time: 1.122s

But when I select "recovery mode"(using volume down + power button) it switchs off the phone and load back the bootloader.
Do you guys have any ideas where does it come from?

Thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I m trying to root my One Plus 6.
The bootloader shows my device as "DEVICE STATE - unlocked".

When I use the command "fastboot flash boot twrp-3.2.3-1-enchilada.img" it gives me :

'Sending 'boot_b' (28728 KB) OKAY [ 0.816s]
Writing 'boot_b' OKAY [ 0.248s]
Finished. Total time: 1.122s

But when I select "recovery mode"(using volume down + power button) it switchs off the phone and load back the bootloader.
Do you guys have any ideas where does it come from?

Thanks
After flashing the TWRP 3.2.3-1 .img file, you should be booted into recovery automatically to enable you to use the Install feature of the custom recovery to install the TWRP 3.2.3-1 .zip file that you should have previously downloaded and placed in the root directory, (not in a file), to complete the full installation on both the A & B partitions.

If you do not flash the TWRP 3.2.3-1 .zip file, you will just revert back to the stock recovery.

See the TWRP installation instructions...

TWRP for OnePlus 6 (enchilada)

Last edited:

Simonnn B

Sep 17, 2019
Visit site
I did'nt copy the zip file. I was thinking pushing it through adb but for that I need to get into recovery mode.
Unfortunately my phone doesn't boot automatically to recovery mode after flashing the img.

By the way using "fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-enchilada.img" as exposed in the tutorial leads to failure,only fastboot flash boot is working fine (at least it writes on the phone).

I have also tried with different versions of the img without any success

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I did'nt copy the zip file. I was thinking pushing it through adb but for that I need to get into recovery mode.
Unfortunately my phone doesn't boot automatically to recovery mode after flashing the img.

By the way using "fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-enchilada.img" as exposed in the tutorial leads to failure,only fastboot flash boot is working fine (at least it writes on the phone).

I have also tried with different versions of the img without any success

Try using the...

[RECOVERY][3.3.1-4][enchilada] Official/Unofficial TWRP touch recovery for OnePlus 6

This is by mauronofrio, who maintains the official TWRP for OnePlus. 3.3.1-4 is the latest version.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae