T-Mobile (USA) update 9.0.15

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
A new Android 9 update, 9.0.15, for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant of the OnePlus 6T has begun rolling out.

The build date of this release is showing as the 16th October 2019

ws41lK3l.jpg

Details are sketchy at the moment but the update includes...

Changelog
  • Screen Recorder
  • Android Security patch = October 2019

Camera version is yet again the same old 2.9.43 (TBC)
(You can update to the most recent global camera version 3.0.43)

This is the 10th T-Mobile (USA) update in 367 days. Roughly 1 update every 37 days

(N.B. This update is only for the T-Mobile (USA) minority carrier variant and NOT the global OnePlus 6T model)

See, also...

T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

Last edited:

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
These groundbreaking T-Mobile changelogs are awe inspiring. lol. I've bounced back and forth between international and T-Mobile software a couple of times, and it's very random which features T-Mobile chose to leave out, and weird little changes that they made.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: [*NEW*] T-Mobile (USA) update 9.0.15

These groundbreaking T-Mobile changelogs are awe inspiring. lol. I've bounced back and forth between international and T-Mobile software a couple of times, and it's very random which features T-Mobile chose to leave out, and weird little changes that they made.

I can't argue with that Ryano89 as you have been in the position of testing both the global and T-Mobile firmwares.

There seems to be, as you say, no rhyme or reason to their own carrier build and the stuff they've added, removed, failed to update or altered.

I can't wait to see how they eventually butcher the new stock Android 10 firmware from the global OnePlus release, here...

Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 & 6T

According to the T-Mobile (USA) thread over on the OnePlus forums, their version of Android 10 has not even been released to the T-Mobile advanced, Beta, "Friendly User Testing", group for the 6T model, yet and testers are being offered the OnePlus 7 Pro to test instead. See...

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...of-6t-and-7-pro.1045519/page-54#post-20964716

I honestly thought that T-Mobile would release Android 10 for the 6T at roughly the same time as the global model... November. However, the feeling on the above thread is that it could well be Q1 of 2020.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I may seem like a conspiracy theorist, but I don't believe TMobile will update the 6t to Android 10 until they at least get through holiday sales of the 7t and the soon to be released T-Mobile exclusive 7T Pro 5g McLaren. I just don't think they will update the "old" phone to run the same software as those two new phones until 2020. I hope I'm wrong.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I may seem like a conspiracy theorist, but I don't believe TMobile will update the 6t to Android 10 until they at least get through holiday sales of the 7t and the soon to be released T-Mobile exclusive 7T Pro 5g McLaren. I just don't think they will update the "old" phone to run the same software as those two new phones until 2020. I hope I'm wrong.

Please, Ryano89, do not get me started on the forthcoming T-Mobile (USA) McLaren 5G model.

It has so many negatives against it already.

There will be no global firmware to convert this exclusive T-Mobile model to, (the only other 5G model, 7 Pro 5G, has a different chipset, etc: ), and buyers will be at the mercy of TMO butchering the firmware and its usual slow or no, firmware updates.

The McLaren model 5G will not be eligible for OnePlus' Open beta programme as indeed, the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, is not.

On the subject of the carrier exclusive OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, users are already up-in-arms because they are not scheduled to receive the update to Android 10 in Q1 2020. Some 3 or 4 months after the non 5G model and the global 6T. See...

UNIFIED] OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Owners Complaint Thread

Owners on that thread are begging to exchange their 7 Pro 5G models for the non 5G as it is much better supported and updated.

With T-Mobile's exclusivity on the 5G McLaren, they will not offer the same sort of updates as the non 5G model and great will be the weeping and wailing of owners who think they have purchased a premium device.

Bottom line: In my humble opinion, the T-Mobile (USA) McLaren 5G is a whole heap of misery, waiting to happen :eek:

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Agreed, and it's such a shame because the device itself is going to be a beast. But yes, I'm sure there will be no conversion, and updates will probably be a disaster. Not to mention Lord only knows what the price will be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12