Android 10 OxygenOS 10.0 update for OnePlus 6 & 6T

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
GREAT NEWS FOR ONEPLUS 6 & 6T USERS!!!

Following their Open Beta test release 2 weeks ago, OnePlus has begun the OTA, (Over The Air), rollout of their new stable Android 10 OxygenOS firmware , 10.0, for the global OnePlus 6T, McLaren and OnePlus 6 users.

qogVBGZh.jpg

As always, there will be a limited roll out initially, followed by the global roll out in a few days.

109m6bLh.jpg

Android Security patch = October 2019

Camera version is 3.8.72

For detailed screenshots of this new release, see... https://forums.androidcentral.com/o...-10-open-beta-1-oneplus-6-6t.html#post6681252

This is the 13th official, stable, update for the 6T in 360 days

Confirmed to be working on T-Mobile (USA) converted phones.

(N.B. OxygenOS 10.0 is not available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant)

Last edited:

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: [*NEW*] Android 10 OxygenOS update for OnePlus 6 & 6T

Does anyone know if this can be used on a tmobile version that was converted to the global version with the xda method?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone know if this can be used on a tmobile version that was converted to the global version with the xda method?

[EDIT] Yes, it can. See post #7

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Probably not as it has the new Android 10 global bootloader, the same one as on the earlier Open Beta release. :(

Hang in there though, until T-Mobile (USA) issue their version of Android 10 and the bootloader, etc; can be used for a conversion to the global firmware. Believe you me, it will be worth the wait to get global Android 10. I was about to switch to the OnePlus 7T Pro but after receiving the global Android 10 on my 6T I am hanging fire as it has changed my phone into a beast! :)
Great news and quicker than expected. Did you get the OTA or you went through Oxygen Updater/download link?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Great news and quicker than expected. Did you get the OTA or you went through Oxygen Updater/download link?

Hi Javier P!

I am on the Open Beta test firmware but users are getting the update both OTA, VPN and Oxygen updater.

[EDIT] There are reports over on xda developers that it is possible to install this stable OxygenOS 10.0 update to the T-Mobile (USA) converted carrier minority variant. See from post #3966, here... https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...xygenos-9-0-4-ota-oneplus-6t-t3860953/page397 (Thanks Ryano89)

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi Javier P!

I am on the Open Beta test firmware but users are getting the update both OTA, VPN and Oxygen updater. However, this release is not suitable for converted T-Mobile (USA) phones, as per this Oxygen Updater warning...

sjtsSZMl.jpg
I have some Brazilian friends downloading the file from Oxygen Updater as we speak. All of them were on beta so they are busy restoring the phone right now :)

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Users on xda are starting to report that it works, but I haven't personally tried yet, so flash at your own risk.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I have some Brazilian friends downloading the file from Oxygen Updater as we speak. All of them were on beta so they are busy restoring the phone right now :)

Now that is interesting!

Do you happen to know if they are rolling back to stock, stable, Android 9 and then updating to Android 10 or are they installing the full Android 10 ROM via Oxygen Updater or Local Upgrade over Open Beta 1?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Now that is interesting!

Do you happen to know if they are rolling back to stock, stable, Android 9 and then updating to Android 10 or are they installing the full Android 10 ROM via Oxygen Updater or Local Upgrade over Open Beta 1?
Yes, rolling back with full wipe and Oxygen Updater.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Users on xda are starting to report that it works, but I haven't personally tried yet, so flash at your own risk.

Hi Ryano89!

It is nearly 03.00hrs here and I am going brain dead, (nothing new there, then), when you say the xda method, do you mean the usual T-Mobile conversion... T-Mobile 6T to International Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!) or the https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80594251&postcount=3691 method... or some other method that I am unaware of?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Your 1st link. The T-Mobile conversion method used in that XDA thread, there are several users in the stable .17 thread(there isn't a stable A10 thread yet) that are reporting that they were able to flash the full, stable A10 update using the local update method with no problems reported so far.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: [*NEW*] Android 10 OxygenOS 10.0 update for OnePlus 6 & 6T

Your 1st link. The T-Mobile conversion method used in that XDA thread, there are several users in the stable .17 thread(there isn't a stable A10 thread yet) that are reporting that they were able to flash the full, stable A10 update using the local update method with no problems reported so far.

Thank you! Very interesting Ryano89. I would have put money on it being out of the question after the experiences of the Open Beta 1 release. Oxygen Updater thinks likewise and is recommending that TMO users do not install it. Will pop over to xda developers and investigate. ;)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Now that is interesting!

First one to complete the update. October security patch on a A6010.
IMG_20191102_003243.jpeg

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [*NEW*] Android 10 OxygenOS 10.0 update for OnePlus 6 & 6T

Confirmed working on T-Mobile conversions. I flashed it myself