Open Beta 5 for Oneplus 6 & 6T

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
OnePlus have just started the Open Beta 5 roll out for Android 10 OTA for the OnePlus 6 & 6T
to test new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates. You will only receive this test firmware OTA if you are already on their Open Beta releases.

Build date = 19th February 2020

Download size = 1893MB

Changelog

nY5fXY0h.jpg

Android Security patch = February 2020

Camera version = 3.8.109

This is the 22nd Open Beta release for the 6T in 407 days = 1 update, on average, every 19 days.

(N.B. Open Beta is NOT available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant firmware)

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: [*NEW*] Open Beta 5 for Oneplus 6 & 6T

You tried it? I'm thinking about giving it a whirl

Been running Open Beta 5 on my rooted global model of OnePlus 6T for 36 hours now and I am loving it.

Initially I had a flashing issue, here, that may have been connected to a corrupt file/download and a strange problem with the Play Store, here, that is also resolved.

The download of 1893MB would seem to include the bootloader as well. Have not seen any reports on converted T-Mobile (USA) models installing it yet. I would hang fire on this release until someone on a converted T-Mobile (USA) confirms that this will not screw up the bootloader as Open Beta 1 did.

I think that this Open Beta 5 shows that OnePlus have finally started to come to grips with some of the issues that have dogged previous Android 10 releases. Very, very, early battery and performance findings have so far, proved very favourable and I have delayed installing the 3rd party Radioactive kernel to test stock.

Incidentally. if you use TWRP custom Recovery, there is a new release...

Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable) 3.3.1-32

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: [*NEW*] Open Beta 5 for Oneplus 6 & 6T

Looks like Google messages is broken again MMS wise...

Using the OnePlus 6T global model on Open Beta 5 with Google Messages installed and RCS, (Rich Communication Services), enabled. On the EE and Vodafone networks in the U.K.. No issues at all with RCS/MMS. I have seen some issues mentioned with the users on the U.S. network for Verizon that have, in some cases, been resolved by either inserting a new SIM card or a reset of the APN settings ...

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles