Has anyone noticed or experienced any extra battery drain since upgrading to 10.3.2?

I upgraded yesterday morning and it impacted battery life after that. This morning I've checked emails, used iheart radio for an hour, a few texts and I'm already down to 42%. I removed the phone from the charger around 0550.
    03-12-2020 08:20 AM
    Did you already try wiping the cache partition? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/o...-6/wipe-cache/
    03-12-2020 11:45 AM
    Thanks, I just tried that so we'll see how it fairs. Coincidentally my phone had dropped to 15% by this point, so needing to charge it up again. This is the third time today.
    03-12-2020 03:24 PM
    If it still happens after the cache partition wipe, then also see if the problem persists in Safe Mode: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/o...s-6/safe-mode/
    ironass likes this.
    03-12-2020 03:38 PM
    Realizing This'll be more than asked for, please give it a few spins & burnt brain cells. It'll be worth your time & tedium to grow intimately familiar with your OnePlus microcomputer and Oxygen OS which will merit cheers when helping others no matter the device or OS.

In system settings select Battery then select Battery optimization.
    You'll be presented a list of all user apps. At the top center of this screen is a drop-down box with ALL APPS selected by default.
    Notice the list of apps and the descriptive text under each app name.

The text field under each app name has 3 possible values

1. Intelligent Control (moderate battery conservation)
    2. Optimize (high battery conservation)
    3. Don't Optimize (no battery conservation)

Select an app from the list You Know you use rarely. The battery conservation mode is likely the default Intelligent Control, was it?

Set this rarely used app's battery optimization to Optimize.
    Now repeat this step for every rarely used app you have installed. It's a process, tedious one, but worth your efforts.

If your device is suffering serious battery drain then set every single app's battery optimization to Optimize.
    This won't break anything but can cause certain apps network traffic delays, notification delays... (minor behavioral issues)
    It may be much easier for you to do just that and when you find an app not behaving as you depend on, reset Only that app's battery optimization back to Intelligent Control.

As a matter of practice, I ALWAYS set every app's battery optimization setting to OPTIMIZE.
    I set continuously used VPN apps, Ad Blockers/Tracker Blockers, And frequently used Telephony apps and Video Chat apps to Don't Optimize.

Select the drop-down then select Not optimized Apps. There may be no apps listed unless you selected one or more apps and chose Don't Optimize.

Alternatively you can access all system and user apps battery settings in the usual way. System Settings —> Apps & notifications —> SEE ALL xxx APPS

Scroll to desired app and select it. On the app's property sheet select/expand Advanced. Now select Battery optimization exposing the 3 optimization options as covered.

Oh, nearly forgot...
    Some apps are natural hogs of battery, network bandwidth & data/wifi. If you rarely or never use them, completely disable them from the app's property sheet. Examples of mine
    System apps - to get to their property sheets
    System settings —> Apps & notifications —> SEE ALL xxx Apps the select
    the 3-dot menu upper right —> Show system
    Dirac & Dirac Control Service (misc hogs + cached process hogs)

If you don't use the following apps uninstall them or deny anything and everything on their properly sheets, force stop, clear cache (left hand one) and finally disable them if it is an option. Even if used only rarely.

Google Play Books
    Google Play Games
    Google Play Movies & TV
    Google Play Music

These particular Google apps thoroughly enjoy hogging RAM, network bandwidth, data & wifi.

Amazon Appstore
    Amazon Drive
    Amazon Kindle
    Amazon Shopping
    Amazon Video

These Amazon apps thoroughly enjoy hogging RAM as cached background processes.

Please don't discount using system settings —> Battery —> VIEW DETAILED USAGE to find exactly the proof you need to justify restricting an app being a battery hog.

This one bothers my friends & associates - You're a screen/display hog! Dim your display by one-half & give dark mode a try... After 3 days speak to me of your battery issues.

This will be a bit time consuming. Don't get frustrated or give up. Remember, it'll take a few sittings to get through all the apps.

I'm sleepy. It's 03:30 (3:30am) Wednesday, 1 April 2020. Gotta sleep as this April Fool not getting any younger.

I hope you find something useful to you,
    Peace,
    Brian
    04-01-2020 03:32 AM