Longevity Poll - How is Your Device Holding Up?

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
I'm a prospective buyer if the newly announced OnePlus 8 Pro.
I've of the things that are important to me is knowing that a phone will last at least 2 years without falling apart or degrading. So I'm coming to OP6/T owners since you'd potentially have owned your phones for that long at this point.
How are your phones holding up? It's the hardware still in good shape (barring drops and such). Did you get Android 10? Did the device take the software well?
I realize there might be a small difference in longevity for a "Pro" model, but I thought this might be a good data point.

Thanks for your feedback!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I've of the things that are important to me is knowing that a phone will last at least 2 years without falling apart or degrading. So I'm coming to OP6/T owners since you'd potentially have owned your phones for that long at this point.
How are your phones holding up? It's the hardware still in good shape (barring drops and such). Did you get Android 10? Did the device take the software well?
I realize there might be a small difference in longevity for a "Pro" model, but I thought this might be a good data point.

I have owned the OnePlus 6T global model, (not the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant), for 17 months since launch in November 2018.

It is still in pristine condition with the aid of a Spigen case and still has the manufacturers screen protector intact.

It has never required a service.

It was launched on Android 9 and received Android 10 in October 2019 and is looking to update to Android 11 in Q2 2021, (Apr-Jun).

In that time, the global model has had, to-date...

17 stock, stable, OxygenOS updates = an update every 28 days

23 Open Beta test firmware releases (optional) = an update every 19 days

3 Android Q Developer Previews (optional)

The OxygenOS firmware is fairly close to stock Android and Android Security patches are roughly, bi-monthly.

I would have no hesitation in recommending a OnePlus phone.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I agree with everything posted above. My device is still in excellent condition, and the software support is 2nd only to Google. OnePlus frequently, and quickly updates their devices. At least in my experience with the 6t

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile variant, and it's running super smooth still to this day. After ~15 months, the battery is still better than any other phone I've used. It's buttery smooth and honestly for the first time I'm not itching to upgrade to something new because I'm satisfied with it. Like the Global version, it had been updated to 10, but will admit we don't get updates as often as they do. Maybe Ironass can confirm, but it feels like we get an update every couple of months. I could be wrong though.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile variant, and it's running super smooth still to this day. After ~15 months, the battery is still better than any other phone I've used. It's buttery smooth and honestly for the first time I'm not itching to upgrade to something new because I'm satisfied with it. Like the Global version, it had been updated to 10, but will admit we don't get updates as often as they do. Maybe Ironass can confirm, but it feels like we get an update every couple of months. I could be wrong though.

The T-Mobile (USA) model has just received an update, 10.3.3, for its Android security patch to April 2020.

On average, the T-Mobile (USA) model receives an update every 42 days. Somewhat longer than the global model on 28 days, average.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a 6T on Verizon and a 6T on T-Mobile, which is a work line so it doesn't get used as much as the Verizon line.

Both are still running strong. No software issues and battery life is great. Most phones I have used have declining battery life after 1.5 years. I haven't noticed that at all. I still go 24 hours between charges.

I was a Motorola fan for years and they were some great phones. But I'm really glad I changed to OnePlus.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz