Will you be getting the OnePlus 6?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why color is such a big deal when nearly everyone covers it with a protective case.

Agreed, I tend to just get black most of the time. However, I did get a gold LG G3, and a silver LG G6, with a black case, all the cutouts had the gold/silver showing through and it does add some variation to it.

I'm on the fence, awaiting the full reviews -- specifically about the camera's performance. If that comes up aces, then I'm in. The dual sim (both LTE!) is the big kicker for me.. I'd love to carry one phone with both my personal and company lines.

I'd like dual sim for the same reason. Also, I'm waiting to see how the camera does. I If it can't at least come close to the Pixel 2 I don't think I can switch.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Still using my white 5T today and the phone still run very good and excellent battery life. I like the 6 and want to get the new phone. Decision.. Decision.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I'd rather pay an extra $100 for wireless charging and IP67 or IP68 rating. Maybe those things will be in the OnePlus 6T in a few months?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather pay an extra $100 for wireless charging and IP67 or IP68 rating. Maybe those things will be in the OnePlus 6T in a few months?

You'd really pay an extra $100 for a $1.50 Qi coil and a largely meaningless number printed on the side of the box?

I'm starting to realise why so many manufacturers are getting up to and over a grand...

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You'd really pay an extra $100 for a $1.50 Qi coil and a largely meaningless number printed on the side of the box?

I'm starting to realise why so many manufacturers are getting up to and over a grand...
After trying wireless charging on a couple phones it only really ever was effective for me on my nightstand overnight. I use my phone to much during the day and it was to slow to make a significant charge during the day. So to me, I'll take fast charging any day.

Arib Deshmukh

May 19, 2018
Visit site
The only thing stopping me from going to the 6 from the pixel 2 xl is the camera..i know it still won't be as good but hoping atleast it comes close !

Andromachine

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
I will get the op6 for a few reasons :
Firstly yes, as a package its not comparable to s9 or other main flagships (no waterproof, only fhd, no sd slot, camera ) but the most important factor to me is speed and op gives you a phone that (thanks to the software) born fast and remain fast even after 2. 5/3 years of useage. I personally don't care about the phone race( I switch every 3.5 years) that's why i need the speed(keep up with tasks) and huge support from the community (xda)

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm thinking of selling my 2XL for this, I don't know why but I have a soft spot for this phone. not too concerned with water proofing, I have it now and never use it, same for wireless charging, doesn't bother me at all, I have a plug.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Nope, too much compromise.

Their slogan is "Never Settle" , yet:
- No Wireless Charging/Fast Wireless Charging
- No IP68 Water&Dust protection
- Display is still same ol' 1080P
- Camera doesn't see that much better than last year's top Flagships, let alone this year's.

Sounds like a whole lot of settling to me.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

Yes. Yes I would.

And it's not a meaningless number. Take a phone without IPXX rating and drop it in a puddle or in the toilet and see if IP67/IP68 rating really is "just a number".

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Yes I would.

And it's not a meaningless number. Take a phone without IPXX rating and drop it in a puddle or in the toilet and see if IP67/IP68 rating really is "just a number".

The only problem is that the manufacturer will not warranty it for water damages even if it has an IP rating. The OnePlus 6 actually has some protection if you look at the teardown videos.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I will also be getting the 8\256 model. This will be my first 0neplus phone. l am looking forward to giving it a try.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The only problem is that the manufacturer will not warranty it for water damages even if it has an IP rating. The OnePlus 6 actually has some protection if you look at the teardown videos.

Exactly my point. An IP rating is a guarantee of nothing. Which is why, as I said, it's largely meaningless.

And yeah... As for puddles and toilets, I prefer to keep my phone out of both, but Oneplus say the 6 (and low key the 5 and 5T) will survive that. No IP rating required.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
After trying wireless charging on a couple phones it only really ever was effective for me on my nightstand overnight. I use my phone to much during the day and it was to slow to make a significant charge during the day. So to me, I'll take fast charging any day.

Yeah, that's actually my exact experience with wireless charging lol. If it's there cool, but it's not worth paying considerably more for.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

But it also makes it clear that the device should not be submerged. True, the manufacturer will not warranty the device if it got water damage, even if it had the IP67/IP68 rating, but at least I know that if the phone were to fall into a puddle, it'd be protected. That's important to me.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
But it also makes it clear that the device should not be submerged. True, the manufacturer will not warranty the device if it got water damage, even if it had the IP67/IP68 rating, but at least I know that if the phone were to fall into a puddle, it'd be protected. That's important to me.

No device should be submerged, IP rating or no. If you actually read the small print every manufacturer will tell you to keep it dry.

As for puddles, which you seem a little obsessed with, you don't *know* the phone will be fine... as said above an IP tasting is not a guarantee. Besides, from the Oneplus site:

"Thanks to water resistance, your OnePlus 6 is well-equipped to survive a drop in the sink or a spilled glass of water. Just don’t take it for a swim."

I don't know where you live, but here puddles don't usually get as deep as sinks...

...Usually.

So do the rest of us, but accidents are called accidents for a reason.

Carelessness is called carelessness for a reason too lol. But it is interesting that you ignore the actual important part of the comment that came right after the part you quoted.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis