camera looks significantly worse than pixel 2.

Caballo Reindo

May 25, 2018
Visit site
I couldn't agree with you more. It's difficult to compare a "flagship killer" to a flagship in this regard. OP will have many excellent attributes but it is not at the same price point as a Google Phone and will therefore sacrifice a couple of bells and whistles. I think OnePlus makes a decent camera. It'll get the job done and get the job done well. But if one wants a spectacular and over-the-top camera experience, then flagships like the Huawei P20 would be better options.

If you call your phone a "flagship", you're stepping into the ring with other flagships. Gloves are off. Fairness has no place in reviewing. Boohoo.

Tinajoseph

May 25, 2018
Visit site
I m using one plus 6 since last 2 days n I m horrified with the picture quality... It's grainy out of focus n not sharp even I bright light..u can imagine wat it's like in low lights... I m wondering how so many reviews have given all positive feedback for it... Shocking n depressed as discussed is a gift from someone n it breaks my heart to tell den datvi wanna return it... Wat a BIGLetDown

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
What does it best the iPhone x, V30, S9+ at?

Camera beats the v30 and iPhone x, battery beats them both at well, beats the s9 and v30 as far as ram and OS and updates and overall phone performance in day to day use. Oh did I mention it's half price of iPhone and 300 less than v30 and s9. Charges much faster than all of them with dash charging. Enough?

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Camera beats the v30 and iPhone x, battery beats them both at well, beats the s9 and v30 as far as ram and OS and updates and overall phone performance in day to day use. Oh did I mention it's half price of iPhone and 300 less than v30 and s9. Charges much faster than all of them with dash charging. Enough?
Wow, I disagree with all of that except for RAM. Price vs the X is close to double the price, but it's also a much better device in every way that I can think of. It has the best displayed on any mobile, is way better on OS updates, works on every carrier and possibly most importantly, is sold by a company that won't go out of its way to betray their customers personal data and credit card integrity. Definitely worth twice the price, if not three or four times the price. If the OnePlus 6 were $100 I still wouldn't ever recommend it over any single flagship, because it simply is far out of it's league.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't surprise me

OnePlus phones never had great cameras. Just ones that are usable and sometimes give pretty good results but are nothing special.

Frankly, I would've expected more from the price bump. I'm not expecting Pixel 2 level photos but at least something that's significantly better. The dual camera system is pretty much all but useless at this point. With all that said, the camera IS still better than the OP5, which is to be expected

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think OnePlus has lost their way a bit. When the first was launched, it offered a device that could give flagships a run for their money at a relatively low cost. Now? I honestly don't even consider them. Add about 100-150 USD, and you are starting to talk Pixel. I would much rather go that route.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it beats those cameras. And as far as performance in day to day use I would expect it to beat those other phones that have their own skin. And well I would rather have features like ip 68,wireless quick charge, micro sd support and Samsung Pay and probably the 2nd most selection of accessories.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it beats those cameras. And as far as performance in day to day use I would expect it to beat those other phones that have their own skin. And well I would rather have features like ip 68,wireless quick charge, micro sd support and Samsung Pay and probably the 2nd most selection of accessories.

Samsung Pay is a must for me, but use the Gear S3 for that. I just can't get pass Samsung's UI and curved screen.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
it's pretty sad people come on here and give the whole "my phone is better than yours". I have both the pixel 2xl and the o6 and I find everything minus the camera a much better experience

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think OnePlus has lost their way a bit. When the first was launched, it offered a device that could give flagships a run for their money at a relatively low cost. Now? I honestly don't even consider them. Add about 100-150 USD, and you are starting to talk Pixel. I would much rather go that route.

Yes they are getting a bit pricier. And rightfully so, I think. The phone still offers a quality experience to lot of people. The only thing I will truly miss from the pixel 2 XL is the camera and Google's unlimited full quality photo storage (and maybe the speakers a little bit).

And I really really liked the pixel. But I won't miss the updates, or the software, or the squeeze function, or the screen, or the slower fingerprint scanner, or the physical buttons, or the design of the phone, or the lack of headphone jack, or the IP67 "rating".

So how does this phone NOT give the flagships a run for their money? Key phrase being run for their money. Not "matching pound for pound". I am genuinely curious.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
So how does this phone NOT give the flagships a run for their money? Key phrase being run for their money. Not "matching pound for pound". I am genuinely curious.

You just hit the point I think several are trying to make. As a value proposition, the OP6 is interesting, because of how close it gets in performance while maintaining a lower cost. But, does being a good value make something objectively better than a premium product? No. Their relative rankings remain the same, only the value is different. If you have a device that's a 10/10 and it's $800 and another device that's 6/10 and $600, for a whole lot of people, saving $200 is definitely going to be worth the compromise. It'd be wrong to suggest that the OP6 is a 1/10 simply because it lacks x,y,z. It's also wrong to pretend it's a 10/10 just because of its value, if it's really a 6 or 7 or 8, or whatever.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
You just hit the point I think several are trying to make. As a value proposition, the OP6 is interesting, because of how close it gets in performance while maintaining a lower cost. But, does being a good value make something objectively better than a premium product? No. Their relative rankings remain the same, only the value is different. If you have a device that's a 10/10 and it's $800 and another device that's 6/10 and $600, for a whole lot of people, saving $200 is definitely going to be worth the compromise. It'd be wrong to suggest that the OP6 is a 1/10 simply because it lacks x,y,z. It's also wrong to pretend it's a 10/10 just because of its value, if it's really a 6 or 7 or 8, or whatever.

Exactly. For those looking at it as supposed to have all the features of said flagship phones and not have any compromises, well that just ain't right. Oneplus is going to advertise as no compromises and blah blah blah because that's what companies do. Why would they say "our camera is slightly worse than competitors but it's only $529!"...ummm no. People need to see past that.

Sorry that was just a bit of a rant.

But seriously though, this phone runs Google maps better than my pixel 2 XL. MY ONEPLUS 3 RAN GOOGLE MAPS BETTER THAN MY PIXEL 2 XL. That means A LOT to me. And I think that says a lot as to where oneplus put their focus. Maybe not the best focus to a lot of people, but I don't care. Lol I like it.

X-Nemesis

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Has the Pixel camera been ported to the OP6 yet and if so, does that make the camera experience consistently better in all lighting conditions than stock?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Has the Pixel camera been ported to the OP6 yet and if so, does that make the camera experience consistently better in all lighting conditions than stock?
If it does that will put the OP6 over the top really. The OP6 is right now just a few ticks behind the top and anyone who says it's camera is B level is probably saying that because of the price of the phone itself. In manual mode I'm sure the results would be even more surprising than what I've seen. Here's another comparison.
https://youtu.be/sx-u9UHyGXE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci