camera looks significantly worse than pixel 2.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When Pixel 3 comes with dual camera they are going to take it another level where no one can come close. After Pixel 2 few competitors caught up and closed the gap but Google has some great computational photography juice going on.

That said OP6 looks to take good pictures based on pics seen from many sites. Not the best but definitely nothing bad. It is good, anyway will know for myself when I get mine on Friday.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Its unfair to compare O6 to a pixel 2 considering the price point and resources each company has in developing camera software. What O6 gives you is a solid camera experience nothing more, nothing less.

If you are looking for the best camera possible then you gotta fork over the money and buy a P20, Pixel 2xl or a Samsung device

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Its unfair to compare O6 to a pixel 2 considering the price point and resources each company has in developing camera software. What O6 gives you is a solid camera experience nothing more, nothing less.

If you are looking for the best camera possible then you gotta fork over the money and buy a P20, Pixel 2xl or a Samsung device

I couldn't agree with you more. It's difficult to compare a "flagship killer" to a flagship in this regard. OP will have many excellent attributes but it is not at the same price point as a Google Phone and will therefore sacrifice a couple of bells and whistles. I think OnePlus makes a decent camera. It'll get the job done and get the job done well. But if one wants a spectacular and over-the-top camera experience, then flagships like the Huawei P20 would be better options.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
People always forget what OnePlus was all about. It started nothing more as a performance machine. Sure it has refined all that and stuff, but the bottom line for OnePlus has always been flagship performance at a lower cost. So it will always have some sacrifices somewhere. As it is, camera has always been known to be inferior to the flagships.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I think the OnePlus 6 is slightly behind the Google Pixel 2. Its definitely not a night and day difference to me and most of that margin can be covered in post processing. Also I think for video, the OnePlus 6 actually does better than a lot of the big names.

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't think the p20 takes good pictures at all. The s9 overexposes everything..I think the oneplus 6 takes just as good if not better than those two.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I watched SuperSaf’s comparison today and to my eyes, the OP6 compared very favorably with (and actually won some categories) against the iPhone X, which is OBVIOUSLY more expensive. I don’t see how this phone performs poorly at all. Especially at the price.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I've watched a ton of YouTube videos and I'd say the camera is fine. I'm not a professional photographer so I'm sure I'll be happy if it's even close to my Pixel. Doesn't need to be better, just close.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
the bottom line for OnePlus has always been flagship performance at a lower cost.

The "flagship killer" OnePlus has always been a midrange device with some spec sheet commonalities with real flagships, but IMO has never been a flagship. The 6 doesn't change that, though it again blurs the lines. If all you care about is the SoC, RAM, etc, OnePlus checks those boxes.

The camera is one area where I'm torn on their decisions. It's definitely good enough to where most people would be able to take "good enough" photos with ease, which means it is a good camera. That said, people seem to be becoming more discerning on cameras, so choosing not to emphasize the camera development for now 5 years in a row is a little baffling.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The "flagship killer" OnePlus has always been a midrange device with some spec sheet commonalities with real flagships, but IMO has never been a flagship. The 6 doesn't change that, though it again blurs the lines. If all you care about is the SoC, RAM, etc, OnePlus checks those boxes.

The camera is one area where I'm torn on their decisions. It's definitely good enough to where most people would be able to take "good enough" photos with ease, which means it is a good camera. That said, people seem to be becoming more discerning on cameras, so choosing not to emphasize the camera development for now 5 years in a row is a little baffling.

They should drop the dual cameras and focus on making a single real good lens.

From what I have seen o6 takes a step forward and I hope they keep progressing

Jimruns262

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site

Jimruns262

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
Then it's also unfair to compare the S9 to the OP 6 in speed tests or the Pixel. C'mon you are making excuses. If you're going to play with the big boys, expect to be compared to the big boys.

Brandon Watkins

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

They're ******* slogan is never settle! That opens them up to being criticized for anything that it does not have, THAT YOU HAVE TO SETTLE FOR!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Then it's also unfair to compare the S9 to the OP 6 in speed tests or the Pixel. C'mon you are making excuses. If you're going to play with the big boys, expect to be compared to the big boys.
The speed tests are a given as the OP6 is running a lighter skin. It's pretty much expected that OnePlus will match or exceed flagship performance in terms of processing speed, but will be inferior in other aspects such as camera or lack of certain elements like wireless charging. Which was basically the whole point of OnePlus anyway, get a midrange phone and swap the CPU and RAM to flagship levels.

I don't really get the comparison anyway. OnePlus at is very core is basically compromise everything to get speed. If we have to compare, the Samsung is a BMW 3 series and the OnePlus is a WRX. The WRX is cheaper than the BMW, it may not have as much creature comforts as the BMW, it may not have premium leather seats, great climate control, concierge service, but it sure as hell will out perform the BMW on the track. In the same way does the OnePlus not have all of the S9's camera tricks, DAC (The Exynos variant has a 32bit cirrus logic DAC), wireless charging, variable theme engine beyond just light and dark, Flow, and other Samsung software tricks, but it sure as hell will outpace it in a speed test or gaming performance (especially sincr Samsung throttles gaming performance, you actually have to go into Samsung Game Tuner app to set CPU to max performance on a per game basis).

TC TC

May 24, 2018
Visit site
The pixels 2 camera sucks. Never have I seen a camera show Absolutely every Wrinkle In Your Face. The damn things to clear

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
This argument it moot. It definitely is a flagship killer in every way. It beats other flagships like the v30, iphone x, s9, and other "flagships" cameras and costs significantly less. Being a flagship killer doesn't mean it has to have the best camera across the board, its having flagships specs across the board that compete with or beat the flagships priced devices at a significantly cheaper price.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
What does it best the iPhone x, V30, S9+ at?
This argument it moot. It definitely is a flagship killer in every way. It beats other flagships like the v30, iphone x, s9, and other "flagships" cameras and costs significantly less. Being a flagship killer doesn't mean it has to have the best camera across the board, its having flagships specs across the board that compete with or beat the flagships priced devices at a significantly cheaper price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2