One plus 6 a BIG LET DOWN

Tinajoseph

May 25, 2018
Visit site
I am heartbroken.
If u r thinking at buying a one plus 6 drop d idea right now.
It's has d worse camera I have seen in years.it reminds u of bad cameras u had in old Nokia phones. Pics r grainy..out of focus...lights r not proper....it focuses on d font of d subject but the back is hazy..n no I wasnt using d portrait mode... colours r not bright. N wat do I say ABT d front camera... horrendous..it makes u hate urself...it casts dark shadows near Ur nostrils d cheeks d chin..around Ur lips n eyes..basically makes u Luk ugly n unwell... I m in total shock dat some reviews r praising it. N guess wat I m comparing dis to d humble Vivo 1609 n mi Pro..dey r far far better in quality n colours.
N sound ...well another disaster...hollow sound..no inbuilt music app.no adjustment/controls available...
Why did dey come up with such bad product...these days phns r used for everything not just games to HV better processor..
They shud HV invested in d cameras n d sound ..what a BIG LET DOWN

Attachments

• IMG_20180525_181754.jpg
    IMG_20180525_181754.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_20180525_182008.jpg
    IMG_20180525_182008.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 358

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Central Lounge forum to the OnePlus 6 forum, for more specific traffic.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I went and had a play around with one in a carrier store yesterday. First time I've actually seen a OP in the flesh and was seriously thinking about getting one to replace my Huawei Mate 10 Pro as I'm frustrated with EMUI now. It was attached to the shelf so couldn't test the camera for myself so I'm glad I read this. Camera is way too important to me to skimp on and no way I'm going for an inferior camera to the Mate 10 Pro. I didn't even think to test the speaker either actually. Mate 10 Pro has dual stereo speakers too so I'll pass and wait for the Pixel 3XL or maybe even the HTC U12+

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well trying to digest what you were trying to say, those pics look more like user error compared to anything. I mean you can search pretty much anywhere and find really good pics of the OP6. If nothing else try getting a replacement and see how that works for you.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
They say the Essential has one of the worse camera among flagships but I cannot tell the difference. Probably because I'm not anal about it.

That's my rant about people wanting the best camera. Why do you care so much being a "10" knowing you're just uploading it on Facebook, Instagram, etc.

I can understand if these were say Wedding that it'll be FRAMED and looked at everyday.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am heartbroken.
It's has d worse camera I have seen in years.it reminds u of bad cameras u had in old Nokia phones. Pics r grainy..out of focus...lights r not proper....it focuses on d font of d subject but the back is hazy..n no I wasnt using d portrait mode... colours r not bright. N wat do I say ABT d front camera... horrendous..it makes u hate urself...it casts dark shadows near Ur nostrils d cheeks d chin..around Ur lips n eyes..basically makes u Luk ugly n unwell... I m in total shock dat some reviews r praising it. N guess wat I m comparing dis to d humble Vivo 1609 n mi Pro..dey r far far better in quality n colours.
N sound ...well another disaster...hollow sound..no inbuilt music app.no adjustment/controls available...
Why did dey come up with such bad product...these days phns r used for everything not just games to HV better processor..

I got my phone 5-24 midnight black 128 GB. I have been impressed! Screen is gorgeous and the swipe gestures took about a day to get use to. It allows me the whole screen. No buttons.
This thing is fast, the camera is great. I did a slowmo of it raining last night and that's going to be fun playing with. Portrait mode is the best I have seen. Only phone I have compared it to is my daughter's S9 and picture quality is close if not better. I have not tried any low light pictures yet.
For me battery is great all day. About 3 1/2 hours screen time at bedtime.
Dash charging is blazing fast.
I like the OnePlus launcher with the shelf.
Previous phones, Nexus 6p, pixel XL and Essential. I think I am keeping this one for a while.

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
They say the Essential has one of the worse camera among flagships but I cannot tell the difference. Probably because I'm not anal about it.

That's my rant about people wanting the best camera. Why do you care so much being a "10" knowing you're just uploading it on Facebook, Instagram, etc.

I can understand if these were say Wedding that it'll be FRAMED and looked at everyday.
Agree. If you really want quality photos, buy a DSLR camera, don't rely on your smartphone or pay another $120-$ 300 and buy a Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL, S9 or the like. There's a lot of nitpicking about these cameras on the OP6. I'm waiting on mine to arrive but I am least worried about the camera and from what I've read it's better than the 5T.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
First off the op seems like there trolling but I'll respond as someone who actually has a Pixel 2 XL and the OnePlus 6. The pictures so far have been really good. I've taken many shots side by side and the OnePlus holds it's own. As a matter of fact I'm in the middle of resetting the Pixel to sell and will keep the Oneplus 6. Both phones are great and both have great cameras. Is the Pixel camera a little better, probably but I can't really tell. I'd say if your scrutinizing pictures that much you should probably get a DSLR and be done with it.

kraze4u

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your post. I'm in the market for a phone to replace my LG V20. A phone with a good camera and under $600 dollars is a great start for me.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am heartbroken.
My personal opinion is that the issue is more with the shooter than the camera. The first photo could easily be better by focusing on something other than sky. The second photo again is the shooter's composition mistakes.

I would suggest the OP of this thread probably needs to take some time learning how to shoot pics. Why are some people so ready to blame something else rather than accept responsibility for their own ineptitude?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My personal opinion is that the issue is more with the shooter than the camera. The first photo could easily be better by focusing on something other than sky. The second photo again is the shooter's composition mistakes.

I would suggest the OP of this thread probably needs to take some time learning how to shoot pics. Why are some people so ready to blame something else rather than accept responsibility for their own ineptitude?

You were able to read that??? 😮

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You were able to read that???
The negative rant against the Six is a dead give away. Plus the mistakes in shooting the two pics are ones I have made myself. The mistakes are easy to fix if one is willing to admit it is the shooter , not the camera.

Sadly the lack of grammar and the poor choice for shortcut "words" is rampant in our society. I got the drift of the disappointment and responded. Reading the rant did give me a headache, though.

Last edited:

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
First off the op seems like there trolling but I'll respond as someone who actually has a Pixel 2 XL and the OnePlus 6. The pictures so far have been really good. I've taken many shots side by side and the OnePlus holds it's own. As a matter of fact I'm in the middle of resetting the Pixel to sell and will keep the Oneplus 6. Both phones are great and both have great cameras. Is the Pixel camera a little better, probably but I can't really tell. I'd say if your scrutinizing pictures that much you should probably get a DSLR and be done with it.

I too have a pixel 2 XL and the One plus 6.

I honetly haven't yet come across a picture from the one plus 6 that is better or clearly the same quality as the pixel. It's really just not. And a lot of it might come down to Google's amazing software processing. On the OP6, the colors aren't as accurate, it's easier to take a "blurry" or less focused picture, and there is more pixelation. (I haven't compared night time shots yet)

I will say, however, that I think this says more about just how great the pixel camera is, rather than how "crappy" the OP6 camera is. In fact, I don't believe at all that it is a bad camera by any means; it is a really good camera, just not as great as the Pixel.

I am pretty much enjoying the rest of the phone more than the pixel, however, including the notch. And I too, will be selling my pixel 2 XL. I really will miss the camera, though. It's just that damn good.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to try the OP6, while it's slightly faster than my Mate 9, and probably cameras are better(didn't have time to test it), i would easily pick the M9 over it as the battery annihilates the OP6, the screen is bigger(16:9) and OP6 bring nothing new to the table...

For it's price it's a decent phone, but it just another decent phone, i would rather pay a bit more for a "real" flagship.

hdtvguy

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I have enough other issues with the OP6, but the camera is decent, but does have issues. I find color accuracy a a bit off, reds are over exaggerated and pictures have a contrasty look that makes them a tad unnatural at times. Then the other signal issues with both ATT and TMobile that are specific to the phone makes me want to sell this are a fire sale price and get a Pixel 2 XL or wait on the 3 XL. I like the concept of this phone and the almost pure Android, but stability and reliability of call connection is the darn reason I have the thing in the first place.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have absolutely no problem with reception on TMobile. I had a Pixel 2 XL and the signal is the same on both phones. I wouldn't have kept it off it wasn't. I sold my essential phone because if signal issues but this phone is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci