I love Nova Launcher Prime so much that I said android wouldn't be my first choice if Nova wasn't available.

This is how great, clean and polished OnePlus' Oxygen OS is that I don't feel I have to install Nova.
    06-08-2018 12:32 AM
    I'd rather have Nova but I'm sticking to stock launcher only. because of the native double tap to lock feature
    06-08-2018 12:41 AM
    I too have used Nova in the past, but so far I'm sticking with Oxygen. It seems to do everything I need it to and I don't see much benefit by using Nova.
    06-08-2018 07:52 AM
    If the OnePlus launcher had the Google feed on the left, gesture support etc I would have stuck to it. Unfortunately it doesn't so switched to Nova, installed Google now companion for Google feed on the left, set up gesture to bring up app search with one single swipe down and actions for others gestures.
    06-08-2018 09:37 AM
    I like Oxygen to much to even consider using Nova Prime , Oxygen is the best hands down experience on a phone
    06-08-2018 04:06 PM
    Yeah but Nova launcher isn't changing any of the the oxygen OS stuff. I don't get it, you can use Nova with all it's features plus still have all the oxygen OS features. Replacing the OnePlus launcher with Nova isn't affecting anything related to oxygen OS. What am I missing?
    06-08-2018 06:42 PM
    I think there talking about the launcher. Your right though oxygen os is always there, Nova just runs on to of it. I use Nova BTW.
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    06-08-2018 07:40 PM
    I used Nova Prime on my Priv and started with it on my 5T. It took a few aborted tries but I am now using the native launcher.
    06-08-2018 07:57 PM
    This is my first OnePlus device and my experience with the Oxygen OS. I have got to say that it's hats off to the OnePlus team.

I would say out of all the stock launchers out there from the OEMs like Samsung, Sony, Huawei etc... Oxygen OS is the best out of box skin experience greatly enhancing the look and feel of Pure Android. It is so minimalist, efficient and clutter free that it becomes second nature to use your phone effortlessly but at the same time balances all the right things with the tweaks of gestures and refinements that they bring to stock Android.

this is my 2 cents and I hope they can make it even better. This is what made me sell my Huawei mate 10 pro and it's ugly EMUI skin to become an admirer of OnePlus and it's take on software.

I am an happy bunny and this just might be the 1st device I keep for some time in a while maybe for a couple of years.
    06-08-2018 08:45 PM
    This is my first OnePlus device and my experience with the Oxygen OS. I have got to say that it's hats off to the OnePlus team.

I would say out of all the stock launchers out there from the OEMs like Samsung, Sony, Huawei etc... Oxygen OS is the best out of box skin experience greatly enhancing the look and feel of Pure Android. It is so minimalist, efficient and clutter free that it becomes second nature to use your phone effortlessly but at the same time balances all the right things with the tweaks of gestures and refinements that they bring to stock Android.

this is my 2 cents and I hope they can make it even better. This is what made me sell my Huawei mate 10 pro and it's ugly EMUI skin to become an admirer of OnePlus and it's take on software.

I am an happy bunny and this just might be the 1st device I keep for some time in a while maybe for a couple of years.
    Totally agree. And this is the reason I kept my one plus 3 for so long and the first phone I didn't unlock/root to get more out of it because I didn't need to. And the OP6 has basically the same experience and then some.

I can see why people would want Nova for just a little but more customization, but for me, their stock launcher has all the right touches. Except for not having the Google feed to the left, but I can live without that.
    shoaib shah likes this.
    06-08-2018 11:49 PM
    If I can ever convince my brain to get away from iOS, I would absolutely use Nova. I always loved the added customization you can use with it. You can make a REALLY clean and functional look with Nova.
    newcollector likes this.
    06-09-2018 08:42 AM
    I think one plus added plenty of customization to their launcher no need for Nova
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    06-09-2018 08:25 PM
    I think one plus added plenty of customization to their launcher no need for Nova
    I just wish the gestures with the OnePlus Launcher would work with the screen on like Nova's gestures do.
    mustang7757 and bhatech like this.
    06-09-2018 09:10 PM
    If I can ever convince my brain to get away from iOS, I would absolutely use Nova. I always loved the added customization you can use with it. You can make a REALLY clean and functional look with Nova.
    I love the clean homescreen with just the glory of your wallpaper showing, nothing else. And then just a gesture here and there calls up the apps you need.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-09-2018 09:12 PM
    I just wish the gestures with the OnePlus Launcher would work with the screen on like Nova's gestures do.
    It has something similar with navigation keys on like double tap and long press ..but fewer options
    You can customize top notification battery and has bulit in dark theme and other stuff
    06-09-2018 09:21 PM
    It has something similar with navigation keys on like double tap and long press ..but fewer options
    You can customize top notification battery and has bulit in dark theme and other stuff
    Yeah those options are nice but still limited actions as you pointed out, for example I like swipe down gesture to bring up app search which is same on all my other Android devices and also similar to spotlight search on iOS. Since I use multiple devices I tend to set them up similarly with similar actions. Otherwise I'll go mad trying to get used to different usage patterns on different devices
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-09-2018 11:47 PM
    Yeah those options are nice but still limited actions as you pointed out, for example I like swipe down gesture to bring up app search which is same on all my other Android devices and also similar to spotlight search on iOS. Since I use multiple devices I tend to set them up similarly with similar actions. Otherwise I'll go mad trying to get used to different usage patterns on different devices
    I Kno that feeling , I'm doing that between a few andriods and iOS my mind is like scrambled eggs
    bhatech likes this.
    06-10-2018 12:11 AM