Such temptation.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Lol, how do they compare to one another?? Do you prefer one over the other?

On the software side:
Think of it as pixel and 1+6 both supercharged cars going down the quarter mile and half way down the 1+6 has nitrous button . But they both smoth and fast just something that 1+ 6 does is unbelievable

Camera:
The pixel is 1 step better , but the 1+ 6 is pretty good camera . It takes slow mo video and it's portrait mode is good

Battery life :
Both about the same but the 1+6 edges it out a little more

Charging:
1+6 is the fastest I've seen

Value wise:
It's hard to beat how much the 1+6 cost and what you get for it

Overall:
The pixel is a beast of a phone that will take it to any phone on the market but the 1+6 is a phone that at that price is very very good

Edit:
If you had to choose only 1 of them then it hard you'd have to go in finer details like what color you want and what price you'd pay ect...

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
On the software side:
Think of it as pixel and 1+6 both supercharged cars going down the quarter mile and half way down the 1+6 has nitrous button . But they both smoth and fast just something that 1+ 6 does is unbelievable

Camera:
The pixel is 1 step better , but the 1+ 6 is pretty good camera . It takes slow mo video and it's portrait mode is good

Battery life :
Both about the same but the 1+6 edges it out a little more

Charging:
1+6 is the fastest I've seen

Value wise:
It's hard to beat how much the 1+6 cost and what you get for it

Overall:
The pixel is a beast of a phone that will take it to any phone on the market but the 1+6 is a phone that at that price is very very good

Edit:
If you had to choose only 1 of them then it hard you'd have to go in finer details like what color you want and what price you'd pay ect...
Appreciate the info...........

nomi1978

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I second that as well. I switched from a 2XL to the 1 plus and don't see myself going back. battery life for me was slightly better on the pixel with 9.0.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I second that as well. I switched from a 2XL to the 1 plus and don't see myself going back. battery life for me was slightly better on the pixel with 9.0.
Is there a BIG difference in camera quality or not really?? I'm really intrigued by oxygen OS and the rich customizations in the one plus launcher

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Oxygen OS is the best ever it's a must once you try and get used to it , for everyday photos or video the camera is fine if you're a professional try something else

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Oxygen OS is the best ever it's a must once you try and get used to it , for everyday photos or video the camera is fine if you're a professional try something else
Definitely not a professional photographer, just a point of shoot of things that I find interesting to include my little one. With my discount, I can get the one plus 6 and a carbon case for 565

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Is there a BIG difference in camera quality or not really?? I'm really intrigued by oxygen OS and the rich customizations in the one plus launcher

I recommend that you try the Oxygen OS! If you really love cameras and want the best quality, I suggest going for a flagship-level phone, like the Pixel 2. However, from what I've seen (and I'm not a huge phone photography enthusiast, so I'm not an expert on the subject), the OP 6 does take pretty great pictures. It's all in the eye of the beholder! Check out the photos here on the forums and on reviews! If you like what you see, go for it! :)

gr_baker

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a Pixel XL and when I got my OnePlus 6 I took a whole load of pictures with both to compare. In most cases there was no difference. Sometimes the Pixel would edge it, other times the OP6 would take the better picture. I tested in both bright daylight and low light.

In particular the Pixel was consistently better at focussing macro type shots of flowers etc whereas the OP6 took much better night time shots of the sky picking out stars that just were not visible on the Pixel. Every other kind of picture was pretty much the same.

Note that this was a Pixel XL running the P beta not a Pixel2 but I can't imagine they'd be that different.

nomi1978

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
The difference is more apparent in low light situations. in good lighting unless you are a true photo nut you won't notice a real difference.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
with the latest update 5.1.9 looks a lot sharper the picture

I’m pulling the trigger over the weekend on the red. I can’t resist. I’ll do some in depth comparisons with the camera and a few other areas over the next two weeks and decide if I’ll keep the 1+6 and sell my P2XL or stick with the P2XL. Thanks for the feedback.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I’m pulling the trigger over the weekend on the red. I can’t resist. I’ll do some in depth comparisons with the camera and a few other areas over the next two weeks and decide if I’ll keep the 1+6 and sell my P2XL or stick with the P2XL. Thanks for the feedback.

Awesome!!! Keep us posted

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

This is wonderful! Enjoy your new phone and let us know when it arrives! Happy Phone Week! :)

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Picture quality isn't super important to most users, that's apparent by the amount of S9 sales. lol

People just want good quality and mostly sharp photos.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a Pixel XL and when I got my OnePlus 6 I took a whole load of pictures with both to compare. In most cases there was no difference. Sometimes the Pixel would edge it, other times the OP6 would take the better picture. I tested in both bright daylight and low light.

In particular the Pixel was consistently better at focussing macro type shots of flowers etc whereas the OP6 took much better night time shots of the sky picking out stars that just were not visible on the Pixel. Every other kind of picture was pretty much the same.

Note that this was a Pixel XL running the P beta not a Pixel2 but I can't imagine they'd be that different.

Thank you for your picture/camera comparison review! I think the OnePlus 6 takes decent photos. I'm not a camera junkie but the 6 takes good shots, IMO. As long as a phone's camera gets the job done and isn't super fuzzy or blurry, I'm happy.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Still worth buying today? Or worth waiting for November?

I'd say go for it! The "T line doesn't always have a huge degree of "bumped-up" specs from the previous model. Plus if you really like the 6 and know you'd get good use of it and use it long-term, it will be very hard to get one closer to the 6T's release date. That happened to me with the 5 and again with the 5T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech