Red 8/128 Just Delivered

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
FedX just dropped it off and it is now on the charger before I start playing with it. After charging I will be popping in my AT&T sim card and begin enjoying my new OnePlus6
Any tips or advice besides the usual downloading of apps?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
It's a beautiful phone! Enjoy it!

(no, I don't have any advice on setting it up, since I don't own one - but I had to comment because I think it's easily the best-looking Android phone on the market today)

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Congratulations on your new phone and joining the OnePlus club like myself.

Best tips are learning how super intuitive and fluid the phone is to use like:

The alert slider at the side is super convenient from switching phone between ring vibration and silent modes.

The off screen gestures such as drawing a v shape to open camera and o shape to turn on torch light.

Try experimenting with the navigation gestures by taking away the navigation bar at the bottom. Need to go into settings>gestures to play around with that.

Customise accent colours and switch from light to dark theme in setting>display.

Swipe from the home screen to the left to access the shelf where you arrange your widgets and quick tools.

Theres lot more just need to get the hang of it.

I think you will love it.

Good luck

hope that helps

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations on your new phone and joining the OnePlus club like myself.

Best tips are learning how super intuitive and fluid the phone is to use like:

The alert slider at the side is super convenient from switching phone between ring vibration and silent modes.

The off screen gestures such as drawing a v shape to open camera and o shape to turn on torch light.

Try experimenting with the navigation gestures by taking away the navigation bar at the bottom. Need to go into settings>gestures to play around with that.

Customise accent colours and switch from light to dark theme in setting>display.

Swipe from the home screen to the left to access the shelf where you arrange your widgets and quick tools.

Theres lot more just need to get the hang of it.

I think you will love it.

Good luck

hope that helps

Much Thanks!

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
OnePlus 6, continues to impress without any issues so far ;)

Hi pounder,
Just ordered the same phone last night and am also on AT&T, any problems with LTE / cell signal with the OP6 on AT&T? The last Oneplus phone I owned was a OP3 and it wasn't the best phone for signal & reception. A lot has changed since then with AT&T service where I live, they have improved a lot, and also that was the only metal phone I owned at the time.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi pounder,
Just ordered the same phone last night and am also on AT&T, any problems with LTE / cell signal with the OP6 on AT&T? The last Oneplus phone I owned was a OP3 and it wasn't the best phone for signal & reception. A lot has changed since then with AT&T service where I live, they have improved a lot, and also that was the only metal phone I owned at the time.
Seems to be working well with my AT&T Sim, LTE signal seems as strong as it was on my AT&T branded phone.
I went online and changed my imei on my AT&T account but as usual not everything works: No VVM, No WiFi calling not deal breakers but would be nice to have.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be working well with my AT&T Sim, LTE signal seems as strong as it was on my AT&T branded phone.
I went online and changed my imei on my AT&T account but as usual not everything works: No VVM, No WiFi calling not deal breakers but would be nice to have.

Thanks for the reply. And yep AT&T will not allow any non AT&T branded phone to use wifi calling, no reason for it other than AT&T being greedy. I did get visual voice mail to work on my Oneplus 3. It was a couple of years ago, I don't remember how but I did download the app from the Google play store and did finally get it to work.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. And yep AT&T will not allow any non AT&T branded phone to use wifi calling, no reason for it other than AT&T being greedy. I did get visual voice mail to work on my Oneplus 3. It was a couple of years ago, I don't remember how but I did download the app from the Google play store and did finally get it to work.
Was pretty pleased with the fact that all I did was take my Sim card out of my Note 8 and put it in my Oneplus 6, it automatically populated the APN correctly and I'm pretty amazed at my cell signal strength and data speeds. Actually a little better than my AT&T branded Note 8. So far it's only been a day and a half, but battery life is really no better than the Note 8, not horrible but on a busy work day it will definitely not make it to bedtime without needing to be charged a little. But other than that, this phone is much better than my last Oneplus which was the OP3. Screenshot_20180815-045546.jpgScreenshot_20180815-045505.jpg

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Too bad the OP6T comes out in just 2 months. These phones aren't worth buying unless you get at launch or shortly after. With a 5-6 month cycle of upgraded models it's best to wait if you didn't buy at launch.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your brand new OnePlus 6! I recommend slapping a case (translucent or transparent so you can see the red!) and a screen protector on it to keep it safe!

Also, if you are a notification tone/ringtone junkie, Zedge is a great app to download for free ringtones/notification tones/wallpapers/icon packs.

Enjoy!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Too bad the OP6T comes out in just 2 months. These phones aren't worth buying unless you get at launch or shortly after. With a 5-6 month cycle of upgraded models it's best to wait if you didn't buy at launch.

Not always. I actually preferred the OnePlus 5 to the OnePlus 5T and would have gotten that one closer to the 5T's launch; but I had been looking at the Pixel 2 line as well. You're definitely right as far as waiting a bit to see about potential specs and such; but to me, the differences between the previous iteration and the "T" don't necessarily warrant waiting. Of course, everyone's mileage may vary on that one. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01