7 Pro- is it still a great phone?

guitardoc64

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely. I have had the T-Mobile version for a couple of months. I have been offered the option to upgrade to the OP 8, and I'm keeping the 7pro because the 8 isn't an upgrade IMO.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It absolutely is. It's my backup phone right now but I still use it pretty regularly around the house. I wish my Note 10+ was as smooth, fast and fluid.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Looking to pick up the 8 from TMO looks like a nice device plus I have 5g outside my house. 5g is just a little faster the 4 but they are speeding up the 5g daily.

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the TMO version. 8GB Ram, 256GB fast storage. $450. This phone is fast and smooth and a GREAT value at the price. It works the way every Sammy phone should...

lever2000

May 4, 2017
Visit site
This is by far the best phone ive ever used,i don't take many pictures so the camera is more than ill need.
The full hole punchless screen is absolutely stunning to look at. I could stare at it all day.
The cure edges are awesome i have a case on this phone so the curved edges aren't any issue for me.
Any by the way it's super quick.
Love it.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely. I currently have the 7 Pro along with an S20+ and Pixel 4 XL. It is the slickest of the 3 easily day to day and other than no AOD Oxygen OS is the best android skin out there IMO. The screen is also terrific with 90hz at full resolution too.

Putting the Pixel aside the camera is IMO still a more reliable choice vs the S20 for most real world photos and with a solid Gcam v7* available the camera gets even better.

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely. I have had the T-Mobile version for a couple of months. I have been offered the option to upgrade to the OP 8, and I'm keeping the 7pro because the 8 isn't an upgrade IMO.

I agree..in the same boat..7pro still a dominant phone on T-Mobile..but if the 8pro came to T-Mobile I probably would've upgraded tbh

guitardoc64

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree..in the same boat..7pro still a dominant phone on T-Mobile..but if the 8pro came to T-Mobile I probably would've upgraded tbh
Same here. I was hoping they would offer the 8pro but I suppose I will wait to see the 8T or maybe just wait to see what the OP9 will be.

Q-Less

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
I cannot agree with previous posters. The 7 Pro could have been an excellent phone if it weren't for the ghosting problem that seems to be related to the NFC feature. I have not been able to get a handle on it. For a while it worked fine, and I thought the latest system updated fixed the problem. But it's back, and annoying the heck out of me. I know it can be partially my fault as I use it with Verizon. But as long as OnePlus assures me that it works with VZ, I hold them accountable if it doesn't.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found a single phone that makes me want to switch. Apparently, all the fear mongering about the pop up selfie camera has scared everybody away from the format. All the new phones have punch hole cameras which are completely unappealing to me after using a real full screen phone for over a year. I have a feeling I won't be upgrading until under screen selfie cameras are ready for prime time, or popup selfie cameras make a comeback.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I haven't found a single phone that makes me want to switch. Apparently, all the fear mongering about the pop up selfie camera has scared everybody away from the format. All the new phones have punch hole cameras which are completely unappealing to me after using a real full screen phone for over a year. I have a feeling I won't be upgrading until under screen selfie cameras are ready for prime time, or popup selfie cameras make a comeback.
I really like the pop camera , had mine since it launched no regrets.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm not one to want moving parts just for the sake of 0.00% bezels, but when I think about it, I so rarely use the selfie camera that I'd barely ever strain the motor if I had a 7 Pro lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not one to want moving parts just for the sake of 0.00% bezels, but when I think about it, I so rarely use the selfie camera that I'd barely ever strain the motor if I had a 7 Pro lol
Lol...
I had mine since launch no issues with the pop up , I think by the time that mechanism fails I'll be one plus 12 or something :))

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
i think its still a top contender. i have my 7pro and the new moto edge plus. i just went back to my 7pro, theres just something about it that i like better than the edge plus

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante