Custom sms tone for a custom contact in oneplus 8 pro with android 12

hp fake

Apr 29, 2022
Visit site
How can you set your own sms ringtone for a specific contact in oneplus 8 pro with android 12 ?!
I updated my oneplus 8 pro last week and after that I tried to set a special ringtone for an important contact but I can not find it! when I go to message / contact / ringtone / I can only choose from the actual oneplus and not my own sms ringtone that I have downloaded!

I am very grateful for answers, it is important to me because I need a strong and long sms ringtone from my job so that I hear and wake up and answer the sms when I sleep.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. There's an old trick that worked in the past. Go to settings, sounds & vibration, SMS and see if your custom ringtone shows up there. If so, play it and then set the previous ringtone back. Now see it you get it when editing that specific contact.

I'm not sure if it will work with with Android 12 and the steps could be a bit different. Worth a try, though.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, do you get your custom ringtones if you try to change the default one in the Messages app? Are you using the stock app or a different one?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't know if there's a special method for OnePlus, but in general with Android, you can't set a specific notification tone for a contact. However, you can set a specific notification tone for an existing message thread, so if you have a long-standing message thread with a contact, that's almost like having a custom tone for that contact.

hp fake

Apr 29, 2022
Visit site
I tried with all the methods I could before but nothing works so I can have my own sms tone for my own contact. The only thing i can do is change the whole sms tone to all sms!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know how to change the tone for an existing conversation? Go to Settings>Apps, select the Messages app, then Notifications, then tap the existing conversation you're interested in. See if you can change the Sound there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21