OnePlus 7 Pro launch

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow. OnePlus is firing on all cylinders leading up to the OnePlus 7/Pro launch. This has got to be one of the most impressive launches in recent memory and I'm pretty excited about it. Next week will pretty much be my first time in New York and especially Times Square so this will be a cool experience all around. Secondly, I haven't found much to turn me off from the OnePlus 7 Pro so I fully expect this to be my last days with my beloved V30. I think it all comes down to the screen, cameras(looking to test them out extensively) and the smoothness of the OS version paired with the more powerful SD855. And the price is spot on for what you're getting compared to the competition. I mean 8gb RAM and 256gb of ROM for $750? Of course I'm pretty much living off the hype of this phone but I believe OnePlus will really deliver. And I expect the no longer embargoed videos to storm the media on Tuesday and the rest if the week. Otherwise I'll have a new phone next week so we'll see.
https://www.phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-7-Pro-T-Mobile-availability_id115905

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Super excited to get the OP7 pro. Everything looks great, I wish they would have added wireless charging otherwise no complaints from me. Anyway can't wait for the launch on Tuesday and they will go on pre order Wednesday morning on OnePlus site and I'm expecting it'll be in my hand on Friday morning based on my experience with previous OnePlus launches.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Super excited to get the OP7 pro. Everything looks great, I wish they would have added wireless charging otherwise no complaints from me. Anyway can't wait for the launch on Tuesday and they will go on pre order Wednesday morning on OnePlus site and I'm expecting it'll be in my hand on Friday morning based on my experience with previous OnePlus launches.

The 7 pro looks amazing, might pick one up also, do wish they had wireless charging.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Cool. What are you using now?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah me too but I rarely ever used it on my V30 so it's more of a cool, convenience piece than an actual need for me.
I have so many wireless charger now because my other phones lol I prefer this way but One plus fast charging is Fast.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
3 XL and Xs. Just sold the S10 to get ready for OP7 pro.
Oh one of those power users?lol I hear that. I'm upgrading from the V30. Probably keep the OP7 Pro for a while as long as no major issues creep up.

Last edited:

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So what happens on launch day? Can we order the phones on Tuesday? I'm looking to get the OnePlus 7, not Pro. And how long does shipping usually take? My Nexus 6P is now doing a near-daily hard shut down, which means I can't restart it without plugging it into the power cable. I'm so looking forward to a new phone!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So what happens on launch day? Can we order the phones on Tuesday? I'm looking to get the OnePlus 7, not Pro. And how long does shipping usually take? My Nexus 6P is now doing a near-daily hard shut down, which means I can't restart it without plugging it into the power cable. I'm so looking forward to a new phone!
Most likely will go on pre order Wednesday at 7 am PST and will ship immediately. If you order fast enough you should get it on Friday. That's based on my experience on some previous launches buying from OnePlus website.

If you are looking at crippled carrier T-Mobile version then it'll be available in stores from Friday.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Most likely will go on pre order Wednesday at 7 am PST and will ship immediately. If you order fast enough you should get it on Friday. That's based on my experience on some previous launches buying from OnePlus website.

If you are looking at crippled carrier T-Mobile version then it'll be available in stores from Friday.

Thanks! I'll be ordering directly from OnePlus.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Think there will be any love for the 7? Looks like most the chatter is about the Pro as well. Also, I'm wondering if OnePlus will continue to offer some other color variant a few months down the line, as they've done in the past.
I'm pretty excited about this launch event. Just one more day...

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm excited too except for the considerably sucky weather up north. In the 50s tomorrow for New York in May. With a 64% chance if rain. But I'm going to soak it all in and maybe literally too.lol

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience on how the ordering process has gone in the past. I'll be a 1st time Oneplus customer and I was wondering how they handled the sale. I'll be going from the Pixel XL (original) to likely the 7 Pro. I read something about the 7/7 Pro being on Amazon, but I think maybe that was just for the Indian market if I understood the article.

Does anyone know where Oneplus phones ship from in the U.S. or what the standard shipping method is? I might cough up some $$ for faster shipping if that is what it takes to get it before the weekend (in case it was shipping standard and was coming from mid-west or east coast).

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience on how the ordering process has gone in the past. I'll be a 1st time Oneplus customer and I was wondering how they handled the sale. I'll be going from the Pixel XL (original) to likely the 7 Pro. I read something about the 7/7 Pro being on Amazon, but I think maybe that was just for the Indian market if I understood the article.

Does anyone know where Oneplus phones ship from in the U.S. or what the standard shipping method is? I might cough up some $$ for faster shipping if that is what it takes to get it before the weekend (in case it was shipping standard and was coming from mid-west or east coast).
Just go to T-Mobile and pick it up on Friday if you have them.

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Just go to T-Mobile and pick it up on Friday if you have them.
I have considered that, but if I order direct from Oneplus then I know I will get the variant (memory size/color) that I want. Who knows what will be available from a local T-mobile store come Friday? Will have to see what info is in the announcement tomorrow.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes they come directly from China but for me they originate from California and ship via DHL. I'm on West coast. At launch it might vary but they all originate from China and gets shipped from distribution centers in US.

Personally I keep away from anything carrier sells, only prefer unlocked models direct from OEM

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I have considered that, but if I order direct from Oneplus then I know I will get the variant (memory size/color) that I want. Who knows what will be available from a local T-mobile store come Friday? Will have to see what info is in the announcement tomorrow.

Confused how is tmobile in New York doing the release tomorrow? Straight purchase? JOD?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Zero interest in the pro for me unfortunately. A big part of switching to OnePlus was cost and the 7 Pro is going to be above that line. The second is the curved screen, if I wanted one I would have just bought a note 9 or any other Samsung flagship save for the 10e. Finally, I don't trust that selfie cam pop-up to not have issues.

I have some interest in the regular 7 but if the battery is about the same size, no wide angle or telephoto lens and it's pretty much the same as the 6T then I really see no reason to upgrade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze