Yo!

I've been an Android fan boy from day one, I've been a Nexus fan boy from day one, I've been a pixel Fanboy from day one. However, with the pixel 3 XL, I had lots of memory management issues and lots of other random things wrong that shouldn't be wrong on a $1,000 phone. Actually went to five warranty Replacements to Google between the pixel 2 and the pixel 3 because the shutter lag used to be two or three seconds. Google is shiny, but they focus so much on software that they're Hardware falls behind.

I found a oneplus6t, and swapped it with my Google pixel 3XL, after one week, I couldn't be happier and this is the best one I've ever used. I just ordered the OnePlus 7 Pro, and I can't wait.

It's just nice not to have to worry about only having 4 gigs of RAM or things closing because it couldn't process correctly.

I don't care about a headphone jack and I don't care about wireless charging and I don't care about an official waterproof rating, so those things don't matter to me.

Granted, the camera on the pixel 3XL was the best camera I've ever used, but the OnePlus 6t and the OnePlus 7 Pro have advice average cameras, not as good as the pixel, but if you use the ported over G cam APK, the pictures get much much better. Close enough to me to not even think twice about the pixel camera anymore

Also, just to clarify, I still have my pixel 3XL, it's just sitting here on the Shelf.

Jumped ship from the Pixel line and I couldn't be happier.-img_20190516_190908-effects.jpg
    isdaako likes this.
    05-17-2019 10:26 AM
    I'm not jumping only adding . I always keep the latest Pixel and iPhone since they are the best for me personally because of day 1 platform and security updates.

I do rotate phones from the other OEMs through out the year and can't wait to get the OP7 pro. Especially the full screen display without any notch or hole and the 90hz display. Also, oxygen OS is one of the best OEM skins out there. I always don't care of the headphone jack, won't complain if it's there and sure I prefer it to be there than not but not a deal breaker for me. Would have been nice to have wireless charging since I have them everywhere and all my other phones support wireless charging.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    05-17-2019 10:35 AM
    Nice! Yeah, my pixel 3XL will still be sitting here on the Shelf. It's nice to have a decent backup.
    05-17-2019 10:37 AM
    Nice! Yeah, my pixel 3XL will still be sitting here on the Shelf. It's nice to have a decent backup.
    Save it to trade in for the Pixel 4XL
    05-17-2019 12:40 PM
    Right! By that time I'll have a OP6t, OP7p, and a Pixel 3XL to put toward the Pixel 4. Best buy trade-ins!
    05-17-2019 12:43 PM
    Right! By that time I'll have a OP6t, OP7p, and a Pixel 3XL to put toward the Pixel 4. Best buy trade-ins!
    Do you like phones?
    05-17-2019 12:45 PM
    To the OP, thanks for posting. I'm still using my Nexus 6P and have loved the phone, but am thinking it may be time for an update and am very seriously considering the OP 7Pro. While I really would like a 3.5mm jack, I can get over that. Wondering if you could answer a couple of questions: with the OnePlus phones do you get the same OTA OS updates as on the Nexus/Pixel; and how would you compare the main camera to the Nexus 6P (if you had one and if you recall)? The 6P camera has been the best I've ever had on a phone, and has been perfectly fine for my needs. I've seen some reviews saying the OP 7pro camera isn't great, but I'm thinking it will probably be at least as good as what I'm used to from my 3.5 year old 6P, so probably wouldn't be an issue for me (plus the option of upgrading the APK). Thanks for any wisdom you may be able to share.
    05-21-2019 06:31 AM
    To the OP, thanks for posting. I'm still using my Nexus 6P and have loved the phone, but am thinking it may be time for an update and am very seriously considering the OP 7Pro. While I really would like a 3.5mm jack, I can get over that. Wondering if you could answer a couple of questions: with the OnePlus phones do you get the same OTA OS updates as on the Nexus/Pixel; and how would you compare the main camera to the Nexus 6P (if you had one and if you recall)? The 6P camera has been the best I've ever had on a phone, and has been perfectly fine for my needs. I've seen some reviews saying the OP 7pro camera isn't great, but I'm thinking it will probably be at least as good as what I'm used to from my 3.5 year old 6P, so probably wouldn't be an issue for me (plus the option of upgrading the APK). Thanks for any wisdom you may be able to share.
    I'm in the same boat. My 6P is limping along and I need to purchase a new phone SOON. I'm also starting to wonder about the new Pixel 3a phones. They are getting pretty good reviews and have an awesome camera and $300 less. I'm really torn on which way to go. I do tend to keep my phones for two or three years, so the investment overall isn't too bad.
    05-21-2019 09:08 PM
    Where can I find the G cam APK for the 7 Pro? Is it safe?
    05-22-2019 12:04 AM