Security patch

Rahim Esmail

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
One of the reasons I switch to OnePlus because I know they were pretty fast on their security and os upgrade. I just purchased 7 pro from T-Mobile and still has March security patch. I came from an S10 plus, and they recently just got the May security patch. Any idea when we will get the latest patch?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
One of the reasons I switch to OnePlus because I know they were pretty fast on their security and os upgrade. I just purchased 7 pro from T-Mobile and still has March security patch. I came from an S10 plus, and they recently just got the May security patch. Any idea when we will get the latest patch?

Well the OS updates will certainly be slowed down a little by TMobile. Not sure if the security patches are too, but since you purchased it from the carrier rather than unlocked you may be at the mercy of their time table.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The unlocked model from OnePlus is on April security update but T-Mobile is going to delay the security and OS updates because of the crappy custom TMobile firmware. Unfortunately you are at the mercy of the carrier, and may be delayed by a month or two for any updates.

And in terms of security updates, I think Samsung is much better and faster with them on their flagship phones. OnePlus is much faster for platform updates so you will see Android Q much faster on OnePlus than on Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae