OnePlus camera not 3x optical as advertised

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
We have another post here today about the phone restarting on its own, YouTube coming up with a black screen, etc. (And there's nothing like an external 8X or 10X zoom lens. They're real moving-lens zooms.)

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with my 7 Pro as well. I'll probably return it rather than waiting for some possible update in the future. I've already had the update to the camera and it's only superior to my OP 6 in the night mode.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Pixel is from Google their self and Samsung is a giant, no comparison to either. One Plus is in the leagues of ZTE, Xiaomi, Huawei, etc.
What I'm saying is every Pixel launch has had tons and tons of bugs and issues needing software patches and updates. Every one.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Very true, but it doesn't make it right lol.
I know I just think it's funny people are so quick to knock OnePlus for something, and by most accounts this has been a pretty stellar launch, and give other guys like Google a pass for much worse.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I know I just think it's funny people are so quick to knock OnePlus for something, and by most accounts this has been a pretty stellar launch, and give other guys like Google a pass for much worse.

I'm on the same page. Most phone launches have some soft of hiccup early on that sends some people running to the hills or colluding in forums about what a piece of @#$% it is. It's a sad fact of the new age of manufacturing. Balancing QC vs being quick enough to market.

At the end of the day I am happy with mine, bugs and all

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

The only thing the Pixel has is the camera and so cool Google features. Otherwise my Pixel gotta slow and buggy after a few months. They are not sexy and not worth 900+ dollars.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
OnePlus has brought some of this frustration on themselves with false claims in the past, poorly thought out marketing stunts, and mild hypocrisy (criticizing other manufacturers for removing the headphone jack only to turn around and do it themselves). Now this new zoom issue..

OTOH, what Google has failed to do with it's pixel line is just inexcusable imho. A flagship phone made at the exclusive direction of Google, running their *own software*...and they continue to have RAM management and device slowdown issues. For a near $1000 phone.

I'll take a OnePlus over that any day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2