Was speaking to a Best Buy rep and is this all true?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy to look at some things and stopped by the mobile department to see if they carried any accessories for the phone. They didn't so, I figured I would look at the S10 while I was there.

1. The rep told me that One Plus was really a T-Mobile branded phone. Is that true?
2. Resale on the phone would not be good since its T-Mpbile exclusive. Is that true?

On a side note, I love how responsive One Plus customer service has been compared to my past experiences with Samsung. Granted the accent was a little harder to understand but the overall experience was way better.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I went to Best Buy to look at some things and stopped by the mobile department to see if they carried any accessories for the phone. They didn't so, I figured I would look at the S10 while I was there.

1. The rep told me that One Plus was really a T-Mobile branded phone. Is that true?
2. Resale on the phone would not be good since its T-Mpbile exclusive. Is that true?

On a side note, I love how responsive One Plus customer service has been compared to my past experiences with Samsung. Granted the accent was a little harder to understand but the overall experience was way better.

1. There is a TMobile sold *version* of the phone. But there's also an international unlocked version, so at best the rep is half right.

2. I would assume the TMobile version would fail to hold its value as well as the unlocked version, which can be used on any carrier. But if you find a buyer who has TMobile service you'd likely be fine, which is to say resale wouldn't likely be worse than any other brand.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Official in the US you can buy one plus 7 from two places.

1. T-Mobile version sold via TMobile stores.
2. unlocked version without T-Mobile crap direct from OnePlus website

Accessories you can buy from T-Mobile, OnePlus direct or usual Amazon, eBay etc. Best buy won't be carrying accessories for OnePlus because they don't sell OnePlus phones.

For resale, OnePlus phones do have good resale compared to some other phones especially the official unlocked versions have good resale value. T-Mobile variants probably little less. If you are open then I would suggest going with OnePlus direct with unlocked version. But if you want in store support or things like that then you have to go with TMobile version.

And best buy reps generally are clueless and when you go ask them about a phone they don't even carry, don't expect anything useful from them. They will say anything they can to sell a phone they carry

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Official in the US you can buy one plus 7 from two places.

1. T-Mobile version sold via TMobile stores.
2. unlocked version without T-Mobile crap direct from OnePlus website

Accessories you can buy from T-Mobile, OnePlus direct or usual Amazon, eBay etc. Best buy won't be carrying accessories for OnePlus because they don't sell OnePlus phones.

For resale, OnePlus phones do have good resale compared to some other phones especially the official unlocked versions have good resale value. T-Mobile variants probably little less. If you are open then I would suggest going with OnePlus direct with unlocked version. But if you want in store support or things like that then you have to go with TMobile version.

And best buy reps generally are clueless and when you go ask them about a phone they don't even carry, don't expect anything useful from them. They will say anything they can to sell a phone they carry

Thanks for the info. Yeah I want carrier support when I need it. Oddly the first rep I spoke with when I asked about 1plus accessories he took me over to the Prepaid card for t mobile. I don't think he had heard of 1 plus.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Historically once tmobile variant gets unlocked the international rom can be installed with full functionality that the in international has (you then can have dual sim with a dual sim tray). I doubt resale will be any less since in all reality there is no difference in hardware between the 2 variants other than the sim trays.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63