After owning every Flagship of the last 10 years....

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that, overall, this is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

They just nailed every single thing I could ever want in an OS and features, the build quality the screen, and everything.

Also, nobody really talks about this, but the speakers are absolutely outstanding compared to every other phone I've ever owned.

The only hard part was adjusting to the camera when coming from the pixel 3XL, but the little bit that it lacks and camera quality will be made up in updates or using the G cam. Regardless, I can deal with that. This device is a beast. I have a 12 gig 256 version.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I miss the awesome HiFi recording from the V series of phones from LG. I missed the headphone jack because I don't have USB C headphones yet but I still use my Bluetooth ones quite perfectly. I really absolutely miss that simple little bonus software button LG gives you the option of adding that would drag the notification shade down without having to reach up to the top of the screen. Oxygen OS does need a one handed mode. Lastly, OnePlus and every other manufacturer outside of LG needs to stop limiting pro mode to only the main lens if you're going to include multiple lenses. But the OP7 Pro has far exceeded my expectations in a number of ways especially the battery life and people are really curious about it when they see it

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Interesting....the Samsung S10 keeps pro mode on all cams except for selfies.
Ok maybe they changed it then. The pro mode used to be available only for the main camera for a few generations. But if you can access all the settings in the wide and telephoto camera that's great.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I miss the awesome HiFi recording from the V series of phones from LG. I missed the headphone jack because I don't have USB C headphones yet but I still use my Bluetooth ones quite perfectly. I really absolutely miss that simple little bonus software button LG gives you the option of adding that would drag the notification shade down without having to reach up to the top of the screen. Oxygen OS does need a one handed mode. Lastly, OnePlus and every other manufacturer outside of LG needs to stop limiting pro mode to only the main lens if you're going to include multiple lenses. But the OP7 Pro has far exceeded my expectations in a number of ways especially the battery life and people are really curious about it when they see it

You can swipe down from anywhere on the homescreen to being down the notification bar.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
You can swipe down from anywhere on the homescreen to being down the notification bar.
Yes but the software button would be everywhere in the UI not just the home screen. It was one of those super useful things that I immediately missed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok maybe they changed it then. The pro mode used to be available only for the main camera for a few generations. But if you can access all the settings in the wide and telephoto camera that's great.

mmmmnope, pretty sure Pro Mode has always been available for any lens included in the rear camera with Samsung devices. It has not been available for 3rd party apps, but that's different.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
mmmmnope, pretty sure Pro Mode has always been available for any lens included in the rear camera with Samsung devices. It has not been available for 3rd party apps, but that's different.
Nope. That's incorrect. You can check reviews for yourself. The pro mode gives you access to the settings but there was never an option to change to the other lenses in the pro mode and you may want to double check to see if it's actually there. The Note 8 and Galaxy S9+ and I believe the Note 9 didn't have that option. Maybe they finally changed it with the S10/+. The next time I go to a store I'll try it and take pictures of the camera UI.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
No phone nails everything perfect.

The OnePlus 7 Pro is nice, unless you want a lighter and/or more compact. Device that's more manageable in one hand.
Or if you want an IP rated device
Or if you want wireless charging

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Interesting....the Samsung S10 keeps pro mode on all cams except for selfies.
This is the camera UI of the Samsung S10. No option to switch between lenses in Pro mode and even now for some reason Samsung has taken away the ability to switch between lenses while recording. My coworker has the S10+.
9257990d1ccf3289d9ad726495fadbb8.jpg
8c672c621398cc46d3a6a843aa8057e9.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is the camera UI of the Samsung S10. No option to switch between lenses in Pro mode and even now for some reason Samsung has taken away the ability to switch between lenses while recording. My coworker has the S10+.
9257990d1ccf3289d9ad726495fadbb8.jpg
8c672c621398cc46d3a6a843aa8057e9.jpg
Really? Pinch to zoom changes between lenses all day long.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Really? Pinch to zoom changes between lenses all day long.
In LG phones you get the actual icon to change between the lenses in pro mode. I don't believe pinch to zoom changes the lenses in pro mode otherwise that would be counterintuitive and it wouldn't make sense to hide it all of a sudden when it's not hidden in the regular photo view.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
You can zoom between normal and telephoto.
Is it really the telephoto lens or just a crop of the main sensor? Take a picture or a screenshot so we can see what you're talking about. Or take a picture after zooming in and look at the info and see what the aperture is.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Love the speed, the almost stock Android, the smoothness of the 90Hz, the screen, the super fast charging. Being able to use Icon Packs without having to install a launcher.

Dont like, not having Google Feed with a right swipe, issues with my AT&T mobile data. Had to do a software reflash to get it to work again. Wish there was a way to save my setup/screens. So I dont have to redo them each the time. I keep hitting the Manage notification button instead of the clear all notification button. lol

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Love the speed, the almost stock Android, the smoothness of the 90Hz, the screen, the super fast charging. Being able to use Icon Packs without having to install a launcher.

Dont like, not having Google Feed with a right swipe, issues with my AT&T mobile data. Had to do a software reflash to get it to work again. Wish there was a way to save my setup/screens. So I dont have to redo them each the time. I keep hitting the Manage notification button instead of the clear all notification button. lol

What issues did you have with your AT&T data?