Is it really that big and heavy? (here comes the jokes but seriously though)

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site
lol I love how you are holding the Pro farther down than the 5 to make them look the same size. This pic is worthless dude.

Here you go again. Backs of my hands on the desk, fingers touching. The point of the photo was more about the size in your hand than compared to each other, and that has been my point the whole time. Yes, the 7 Pro is bigger. There is no arguing with physical measurements. My point was the difference does not seem that big when they are in your hands

pahone.jpg

jdm8000

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Coming from the 5t, the size and weight of the 7 Pro were a little jarring at first but I'm getting used to it. One thing I really miss from the 5t is the ability to show the notification shade by swiping the fingerprint sensor. There's no using the 7 Pro 1-handed.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the 5t, the size and weight of the 7 Pro were a little jarring at first but I'm getting used to it. One thing I really miss from the 5t is the ability to show the notification shade by swiping the fingerprint sensor. There's no using the 7 Pro 1-handed.

You can just set it to swipe anywhere on the home screen and it will drop the shade down.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's ok I feel comfortable with my note9 , I do have big hands so this will be great for me. Thanks

I did too with the Note 9 but the lack of bezels on the OP7 was a bit much. It's actually a lot like the XS max; the lack of bezels makes it more difficult to use. It's definitely more of a two handed phone.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I had an Galaxy S8 Active prior, I haven't checked any weight specs but they probably are similar in weight. The screen is a bit taller so I will have to use 2 hands a bit more but a week in and I'm used to it completely.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So I bought the Oneplus 7 Pro 12gb/256gb version and used it for a day. Coming
from my current phone which is a S10 the phone is really big and really heavy. I
have had every Oneplus phone since the 3 and they seem to be getting slightly
bigger but still manageable. The 7 Pro however was just too big and heavy for me.
I'm not sure what Oneplus was thinking to be honest. I could see if they brought
a relatively smaller phone (6.3"ish) AND this giant one but just to bring this to the
US is in my opinion a bad move. Luckily I sold it in under an hour for exactly what
I paid for it so it was fine. Here's hoping they make a smaller phone next year!

metstang

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Personally I like the size and weight. It feels more secure in my hand. There is such a thing as too light. I tried the V30 and it felt fragile due to how light it was. The 7 Pro, in my opinion, feels just right.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I do wish that they went smaller. I dusted off my iPhone xs max last night and even that felt smaller and more manageable!

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I am surprised that people complain about the weight. Granted, I came from the 6T but i have literally no problem with the weight. The size is a bit big and I can't easily use it with one hand but the weight is totally fine.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised that people complain about the weight. Granted, I came from the 6T but i have literally no problem with the weight. The size is a bit big and I can't easily use it with one hand but the weight is totally fine.

It's because the weight is usually the issue. If the phone is big but light it's easier to handle. Heavy and big makes it more difficult.

Note4u

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I just came from a note 9and do not notice any difference. The speed is better on the 7pro though and I am loving it so far.