06-12-2019 09:52 AM
38 12
tools
    Edit:
    Adding update steps for unlocked model non rooted phones.

1. Download Oxygen updater app and download the update.
    2. After the update is downloaded just go Settings - System - System Updates - gear icon on top right - local upgrade. The downloaded zip will show up there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New update 9.5.4 rolling out worldwide. Updated my unlocked model using Oxygen updater app since have no patience to wait for roll out to happen
    If you are on TMobile version probably got to wait until the carrier does their usual testing crap.

Changelog:

System

Optimized Double Tap to Wake and Ambient Display
    Fixed an issue that causes an audio delay with the Bluetooth headset when playing games
    General bug fixes and improvements

Camera

Improved image quality in HDR scenarios
    Improved image quality in low light
    Fixed white balance issue in several scenarios
    Fixed focus issue in several scenarios

trido#AC likes this.
    05-26-2019 05:39 PM
    New update 9.5.4 rolling out worldwide. Updated my unlocked model using Oxygen updater app since have no patience to wait for roll out to happen
    If you are on TMobile version probably got to wait until the carrier does their usual testing crap.

Changelog:

System

Optimized Double Tap to Wake and Ambient Display
    Fixed an issue that causes an audio delay with the Bluetooth headset when playing games
    General bug fixes and improvements

Camera

Improved image quality in HDR scenarios
    Improved image quality in low light
    Fixed white balance issue in several scenarios
    Fixed focus issue in several scenarios

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d3e4c0aad7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...32d0430a12.jpg
    Nice.

Do you have to be rooted for the oxygen updater app?

I read in a tech article that if you have a VPN and you change your server location to Canada, it will help prompt the update. Not sure if that's true. Either way, here's hoping it makes an already good phone even better.
    05-26-2019 06:01 PM
    Nice.

I read in a tech article that if you have a VPN and you change your server location to Canada, it will help prompt the update. Not sure if that's true. Either way, here's hoping it makes an already good phone even better.
    No root is needed, and you don't need any VPN as well. Just download the app follow the directions in the app and it'll tell you if an update is available. Then download the update and after the update is downloaded just go Settings - System - System Updates - gear icon on top right - local upgrade. The downloaded zip will show up there.
    gmdphd likes this.
    05-26-2019 06:05 PM
    No root is needed, and you don't need any VPN as well. Just download the app follow the directions in the app and it'll tell you if an update is available. Then download the update and after the update is downloaded just go Settings - System - System Updates - gear icon on top right - local upgrade. The downloaded zip will show up there.
    A big thanks for posting this local upgrade,not sure why this info isnt on the app?I never would have got it to upgrade if you hadnt posted this.
    Thanks
    05-26-2019 06:38 PM
    A big thanks for posting this local upgrade,not sure why this info isnt on the app?I never would have got it to upgrade if you hadnt posted this.
    Thanks
    You are welcome, not sure may be the app is pretty old since it's been there for a long time and probably hasn't updated with the much simpler option
    05-26-2019 06:40 PM
    Nice.

You can use a VPN when you know the update is out so u dont have to wait .
    05-26-2019 07:10 PM
    You can use a VPN when you know the update is out so u dont have to wait .
    With oxygen updater app you don't need VPN. It's only needed when you want to force the update directly from OnePlus. And for this update even VPN to Canada, Germany etc didn't force the update. So oxygen updater app to the rescue
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-26-2019 08:02 PM
    With oxygen updater app you don't need VPN. It's only needed when you want to force the update directly from OnePlus. And for this update even VPN to Canada, Germany etc didn't force the update. So oxygen updater app to the rescue
    I use that updater app also , just wanted him to know got both options
    bhatech likes this.
    05-26-2019 08:09 PM
    Did the update. So far so great. The camera is greatly improved in my opinion. Very impressed with their turn around time with this
    TrekkieMonster likes this.
    05-26-2019 09:24 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Worked great. Your instructions were perfect.
    05-26-2019 11:33 PM
    Did the update. So far so great. The camera is greatly improved in my opinion. Very impressed with their turn around time with this
    Do you have any evidence of this?

Any before and after pics?
    05-27-2019 04:34 AM
    I'm with T-Mobile..but there is no gear icon on the system update screen..nor can I update in recovery mode
    05-27-2019 05:24 AM
    I'm with T-Mobile..but there is no gear icon on the system update screen..nor can I update in recovery mode
    Maybe it'll be there by the end of the week. I have no problem waiting while they play guinea pig to make sure there are no serious issues with it.
    05-27-2019 07:46 AM
    Can you guys check in the camera settings and tell me what version of the camera it is after the update?
    05-27-2019 07:47 AM
    I wonder if my T-Mobile US phone updated in the background. I'm on 9.5.5GM31CB
    05-27-2019 09:05 AM
    Can you guys check in the camera settings and tell me what version of the camera it is after the update?
    Camera version 3.2.99 After update
    05-27-2019 09:09 AM
    Do you have any evidence of this?

Any before and after pics?
    Honestly I don't I can just tell from quick shots in my living room. My living room is always a good test due to the lightning. I did a few shots of my wife last night and the detail was a lot better on her and the colors . Also a corner of my living room has a standing lamp where before update the area of the light would be blown out but now it adjusts accordingly and you can make out the top of the lamp where as before it was just a huge white light.
    liscon17 likes this.
    05-27-2019 09:24 AM
    Camera version 3.2.99 After update
    Nice. So this is an even more updated version than the one I saw recently.
    05-27-2019 09:57 AM
    T-Mobile is a different firmware because US carriers are ****special****. I'm guessing they removed that option in the T-Mobile version, can't confirm since I have the unlocked version but it's not uncommon for carriers versions to have features removed/stripped down for variety of reasons.

I don't think there is any update out for TMobile version yet so I wouldn't try updating this unlocked zip on a T-Mobile version.
    05-27-2019 10:05 AM
    I tried to do a before and after test and they look very similar to me.

Sorry they are sideways haha. But top is old and bottom is new.

New Oxygen OS update 9.5.4 rolling out-img_20190527_081548.jpgNew Oxygen OS update 9.5.4 rolling out-img_20190527_082557.jpg
    05-27-2019 10:31 AM
    Worked like a charm. Thanks!
    bhatech likes this.
    05-27-2019 01:41 PM
    I'm in shock.. T-Mobile just rolled out an update
    05-27-2019 02:25 PM
    T-Mobile FTW!
    05-27-2019 04:16 PM
    T-Mobile FTW![IMG=360x780]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/095f0e8db5fe15d82b3e821f270b5357.jpg[/url]
    Doesn't seem like there was a camera update
    05-27-2019 04:54 PM
    Doesn't seem like there was a camera update
    That update is just a security update, not the latest update.
    05-27-2019 06:23 PM
38 12