Returned one plus 7 pro for Samsung s10e because of size

micky fangs

May 29, 2019
Visit site
I really wanted to love the phone and I did love everything about it but the size was just way too much. It's very heavy. But it doesn't seem to be evenly distributed so it caused more hand fatigue compared to other heavy phones. I've had almost every one plus device and they truly make the best phones but this one is unwieldy and I wouldn't even want to do anything on my phone for longer than 10 minutes. I used to want big heavy phones because they felt premium but who cares how premium it feels if it's gonna give me carpal tunnel lol its heavy without a case but manageable, throw on a case (which is definitely needs) and then it's just useless. I legit never wanted to be on my phone because I was sick of holding it.

I bought an s10e and what a relief. Half the weight! Mind u I've had many heavy phones. I had the one plus 6, etc.. But now I prefer smaller lighter devices, I never thought I would. I also prefer the fingerprint scanner on the side.

The only thing I'm losing out on is that incredible screen, the 90hz and the colors of the op7 make the s10e look like dog ****.

No complaints on the Sammy one ui... Used to hate their phones but the S10e is lovely.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I went and looked at them in a T-Mobile store today and compared my 6T to the 7 Pro, S10, S10e, Note 9 and iPhone XS. I still don't like curved screens and I agree, the 7 Pro is just too big.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Yea. See that's what I was afraid of when I first saw how big and heavy this phone is and that's why I talked about it. A lot of people are saying it's too big. And reviewers are claiming the same thing.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I did the same. Not necessarily because of size but the quirks were getting aggravating. I have the S10+. I miss my One Note in the respect that there was not any Samsung bloat and the menus in the settings were easier to use. Plus I was worried that the same thing that happened with Huawei might happen with One Plus. I know that some feel differently but I don't want to take a chance and have an expensive paperweight.

In the future I plan to return back to One Plus maybe in about a year or so. Coming from an Iphone XS Max the OP was everything I wanted in Android.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I did the same. Not necessarily because of size but the quirks were getting aggravating. I have the S10+. I miss my One Note in the respect that there was not any Samsung bloat and the menus in the settings were easier to use. Plus I was worried that the same thing that happened with Huawei might happen with One Plus. I know that some feel differently but I don't want to take a chance and have an expensive paperweight.

In the future I plan to return back to One Plus maybe in about a year or so. Coming from an Iphone XS Max the OP was everything I wanted in Android.

What is happening to Huawei would never happen to OnePlus because OP doesn't make any networking equipment.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
What is happening to Huawei would never happen to OnePlus because OP doesn't make any networking equipment.

I am just too worried that it will become a paperweight. Without getting into politics, its unpredictable. One thing for sure, the S10 was not the answer for me. Within the first day, I found myself missing the OP7 Pro despite not having wireless charging and its nuances.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I am just too worried that it will become a paperweight. Without getting into politics, its unpredictable. One thing for sure, the S10 was not the answer for me. Within the first day, I found myself missing the OP7 Pro despite not having wireless charging and its nuances.

I would agree it's unpredictable. The good part about OP though is that since they just make phones they mostly fly under the radar.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I would agree it's unpredictable. The good part about OP though is that since they just make phones they mostly fly under the radar.

For me, the OP7 Pro was the most convincing phone to get me out of the Apple ecosystem. So, maybe I will take a chance on it in another month. After I returned my S10 and got my Iphone back, I know that Apple is not the solution because there is stuff i wanted to do this morning that I could not do on the Iphone. Oddly enough, I could buy a Series 4 Stainless Steel watch with tax for $800 or buy a OP7 Pro outright. For me, I want out of the Apple ecosystem. Its way too confining and overpriced.

Sammy just packs way to much into their phones and leaves the consumer to beta test the product which is aggravating.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
For me, the OP7 Pro was the most convincing phone to get me out of the Apple ecosystem. So, maybe I will take a chance on it in another month. After I returned my S10 and got my Iphone back, I know that Apple is not the solution because there is stuff i wanted to do this morning that I could not do on the Iphone. Oddly enough, I could buy a Series 4 Stainless Steel watch with tax for $800 or buy a OP7 Pro outright. For me, I want out of the Apple ecosystem. Its way too confining and overpriced.

Sammy just packs way to much into their phones and leaves the consumer to beta test the product which is aggravating.
Just curious. If S10 didn't have any bloatware, would you prefer S10 over OP7P?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Damn bit the bullet as well because of the weight ... Didn't help I had Pixel 3a and iPhone Xs, everytime I pick those I felt so nice to hold and use for long periods of time. Absolutely love the phone other than the weight. Decided no point holding on if I won't be comfortable using it for long durations every day.

Logged the RMA for return to OnePlus, once they approve I'll sending it back.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Damn bit the bullet as well because of the weight ... Didn't help I had Pixel 3a and iPhone Xs, everytime I pick those I felt so nice to hold and use for long periods of time. Absolutely love the phone other than the weight. Decided no point holding on if I won't be comfortable using it for long durations every day.

Logged the RMA for return to OnePlus, once they approve I'll sending it back.
:( got do what's best for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781