10-08-2019 01:31 PM
58 123
tools
    I really wanted to love the phone and I did love everything about it but the size was just way too much. It's very heavy. But it doesn't seem to be evenly distributed so it caused more hand fatigue compared to other heavy phones. I've had almost every one plus device and they truly make the best phones but this one is unwieldy and I wouldn't even want to do anything on my phone for longer than 10 minutes. I used to want big heavy phones because they felt premium but who cares how premium it feels if it's gonna give me carpal tunnel lol its heavy without a case but manageable, throw on a case (which is definitely needs) and then it's just useless. I legit never wanted to be on my phone because I was sick of holding it.

I bought an s10e and what a relief. Half the weight! Mind u I've had many heavy phones. I had the one plus 6, etc.. But now I prefer smaller lighter devices, I never thought I would. I also prefer the fingerprint scanner on the side.

The only thing I'm losing out on is that incredible screen, the 90hz and the colors of the op7 make the s10e look like dog ****.

No complaints on the Sammy one ui... Used to hate their phones but the S10e is lovely.
    05-29-2019 01:29 PM
    I respect that. You gotta find the one that fits you.
    05-29-2019 01:38 PM
    I don't like curve screen so S10e may be my choice too.
    05-29-2019 04:42 PM
    I went and looked at them in a T-Mobile store today and compared my 6T to the 7 Pro, S10, S10e, Note 9 and iPhone XS. I still don't like curved screens and I agree, the 7 Pro is just too big.
    05-29-2019 05:01 PM
    Some comparision

OnePlus 7 Pro on the Left - OnePlus 5 on the right

Returned one plus 7 pro for Samsung s10e because of size-img_20190529_114541_01__01.jpg
    bembol and RaRa85 like this.
    05-29-2019 05:40 PM
    I prefer the size of 7 Pro, love the new ratio.

Learn to adapt.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    05-30-2019 03:40 AM
    Yea. See that's what I was afraid of when I first saw how big and heavy this phone is and that's why I talked about it. A lot of people are saying it's too big. And reviewers are claiming the same thing.
    05-30-2019 10:43 AM
    I did the same. Not necessarily because of size but the quirks were getting aggravating. I have the S10+. I miss my One Note in the respect that there was not any Samsung bloat and the menus in the settings were easier to use. Plus I was worried that the same thing that happened with Huawei might happen with One Plus. I know that some feel differently but I don't want to take a chance and have an expensive paperweight.

In the future I plan to return back to One Plus maybe in about a year or so. Coming from an Iphone XS Max the OP was everything I wanted in Android.
    05-30-2019 10:53 AM
    Some comparision

OnePlus 7 Pro on the Left - OnePlus 5 on the right

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190529_114541_01__01.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	302.4 KB 
ID:	303813
    This "comparison" is garbage since you have the 7 Pro lower than the 5.
    VonSohn likes this.
    05-30-2019 12:11 PM
    I did the same. Not necessarily because of size but the quirks were getting aggravating. I have the S10+. I miss my One Note in the respect that there was not any Samsung bloat and the menus in the settings were easier to use. Plus I was worried that the same thing that happened with Huawei might happen with One Plus. I know that some feel differently but I don't want to take a chance and have an expensive paperweight.

In the future I plan to return back to One Plus maybe in about a year or so. Coming from an Iphone XS Max the OP was everything I wanted in Android.
    What is happening to Huawei would never happen to OnePlus because OP doesn't make any networking equipment.
    05-30-2019 12:23 PM
    This "comparison" is garbage since you have the 7 Pro lower than the 5.
    My hands are the same size so you could always compare the phones to the size of my hands. But if it makes you feel better, here you go

Returned one plus 7 pro for Samsung s10e because of size-pahone.jpg
    crzycrkr likes this.
    05-30-2019 02:26 PM
    My hands are the same size so you could always compare the phones to the size of my hands. But if it makes you feel better, here you go

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pahone.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	302.8 KB 
ID:	303844
    Can you put them on the table side by side without your hand? That may give us better idea.
    05-30-2019 02:35 PM
    Can you put them on the table side by side without your hand? That may give us better idea.
    Of course, Here you go. Along with a rendered comparison

Returned one plus 7 pro for Samsung s10e because of size-sharedscreenshot3.jpg
    Returned one plus 7 pro for Samsung s10e because of size-img_20190530_115154_01__01.jpg
    05-30-2019 02:55 PM
    Did you get a full refund? How long did it take for the refund to get back to you? Or did you buy from T-Mobile?
    05-30-2019 07:41 PM
    What is happening to Huawei would never happen to OnePlus because OP doesn't make any networking equipment.
    I am just too worried that it will become a paperweight. Without getting into politics, its unpredictable. One thing for sure, the S10 was not the answer for me. Within the first day, I found myself missing the OP7 Pro despite not having wireless charging and its nuances.
    05-31-2019 10:13 AM
    I am just too worried that it will become a paperweight. Without getting into politics, its unpredictable. One thing for sure, the S10 was not the answer for me. Within the first day, I found myself missing the OP7 Pro despite not having wireless charging and its nuances.
    I would agree it's unpredictable. The good part about OP though is that since they just make phones they mostly fly under the radar.
    05-31-2019 10:21 AM
    I would agree it's unpredictable. The good part about OP though is that since they just make phones they mostly fly under the radar.
    For me, the OP7 Pro was the most convincing phone to get me out of the Apple ecosystem. So, maybe I will take a chance on it in another month. After I returned my S10 and got my Iphone back, I know that Apple is not the solution because there is stuff i wanted to do this morning that I could not do on the Iphone. Oddly enough, I could buy a Series 4 Stainless Steel watch with tax for $800 or buy a OP7 Pro outright. For me, I want out of the Apple ecosystem. Its way too confining and overpriced.

Sammy just packs way to much into their phones and leaves the consumer to beta test the product which is aggravating.
    05-31-2019 10:44 AM
    For me, the OP7 Pro was the most convincing phone to get me out of the Apple ecosystem. So, maybe I will take a chance on it in another month. After I returned my S10 and got my Iphone back, I know that Apple is not the solution because there is stuff i wanted to do this morning that I could not do on the Iphone. Oddly enough, I could buy a Series 4 Stainless Steel watch with tax for $800 or buy a OP7 Pro outright. For me, I want out of the Apple ecosystem. Its way too confining and overpriced.

Sammy just packs way to much into their phones and leaves the consumer to beta test the product which is aggravating.
    Just curious. If S10 didn't have any bloatware, would you prefer S10 over OP7P?
    05-31-2019 09:56 PM
    Damn bit the bullet as well because of the weight ... Didn't help I had Pixel 3a and iPhone Xs, everytime I pick those I felt so nice to hold and use for long periods of time. Absolutely love the phone other than the weight. Decided no point holding on if I won't be comfortable using it for long durations every day.

Logged the RMA for return to OnePlus, once they approve I'll sending it back.
    06-01-2019 08:58 PM
    Damn bit the bullet as well because of the weight ... Didn't help I had Pixel 3a and iPhone Xs, everytime I pick those I felt so nice to hold and use for long periods of time. Absolutely love the phone other than the weight. Decided no point holding on if I won't be comfortable using it for long durations every day.

got do what's best for you
    bhatech likes this.
    06-01-2019 09:26 PM

Really hope you read the Return Policy. Non-defective phones only get an 85% refund.

I just sent mine back for the ghost touch issue. It could be a software issue or hardware, either way, I wanted to get a refund while I still could, in case it does turn out to be hardware.
    06-02-2019 01:36 PM
    Really hope you read the Return Policy. Non-defective phones only get an 85% refund.

I just sent mine back for the ghost touch issue. It could be a software issue or hardware, either way, I wanted to get a refund while I still could, in case it does turn out to be hardware.
    I also have listed it locally and have a buyer scheduled to pick up today for $700. If that goes thru then I don't have to worry. At least last time when I returned a OnePlus phone, last year or couple of years back I got full refund for a non detective phone. Not sure if anything changed now but either way if they do that my credit card will cover it. I still believe OnePlus will give full refund minus the shipping fee, even if they don't I'm fine since my Amex card will cover the remaining.
    06-02-2019 01:52 PM
    I also have listed it locally and have a buyer scheduled to pick up today for $700. If that goes thru then I don't have to worry. At least last time when I returned a OnePlus phone, last year or couple of years back I got full refund for a non detective phone. Not sure if anything changed now but either way if they do that my credit card will cover it. I still believe OnePlus will give full refund minus the shipping fee, even if they don't I'm fine since my Amex card will cover the remaining.
    Yeah it's in the return policy they only give 85% if it's open and not defective. I had mine listed locally for a couple days, but didn't get any interest until the day after I shipped it back to OnePlus lol.
    bhatech likes this.
    06-02-2019 02:00 PM
    I sicced my bank on them last time they tried to do that and needless to say I got my full refund.
    bhatech and crzycrkr like this.
    06-02-2019 06:27 PM
    I was able to sell it locally couple of days back for $680. Prevented the hassle of sending it back and wait for them to refund.
    06-08-2019 10:49 AM
58 123