Emails and apps

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I am setting up my new 7 pro. I am not able to find any email stock application. Unless I am missing the obvious, I am forced to use Gmail. I am also surprised with the phone coming with nothing pre-installed.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like the stock messaging app either because it doesn't display names in group chats so I install Textra from the Play Store.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
You're going to return a phone for not having pre-installed apps? Tough crowd. Wouldn't you rather download the apps YOU want on your device? You do realize a lot of those pre-installed apps are called bloatware right?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You're going to return a phone for not having pre-installed apps? Tough crowd. Wouldn't you rather download the apps YOU want on your device? You do realize a lot of those pre-installed apps are called bloatware right?
Native email, messaging, and other common apps are not usually considered bloat ware but I still wouldn't return it because they weren't supplied and I had to install my own. It would be a different story if Android native apps were integrated like the way IOS does it but I don't see an issue having to install your own apps especially since native apps aren't always best.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Native email, messaging, and other common apps are not usually considered bloat ware but I still wouldn't return it because they weren't supplied and I had to install my own. It would be a different story if Android native apps were integrated like the way IOS does it but I don't see an issue having to install your own apps especially since native apps aren't always best.
But most people especially reviewers complain about duplicate apps and such especially on Samsung phones and they usually get lumped into the bloatware category.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Didn't it come with Gmail? Isn't that the default email app? I don't remember installing it, although the play store might have done it. before I realized it was missing. I prefer gmail to the default email apps on most phones.

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Taking it back was figure of speech. I am though negatively impressed with the lask of email app. Gmail is not usable for me as I have 12 mailboxes. Will download bbr hub probably.
All my apps have been transferred from the other phone. Nevertheless selling a premium phone with bear minimum apps is bad sryle.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are many decent email client apps on the web (like Blue Mail, Aqua Mail, etc.), if you don't like Gmail. Personally, I never use stock Email apps (which often can't be uninstalled, and sometimes can't even be Disabled), so I certainly don't mind if a phone doesn't come with that preinstalled.

Is the Gmail app unusable for you because of the interface? It should still be able to act as an email client for all of those inboxes, but I can understand if you find the interface ungainly for so many different accounts.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
But most people especially reviewers complain about duplicate apps and such especially on Samsung phones and they usually get lumped into the bloatware category.
Samsung is s whole different story since they have their own ecosystem of apps.

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Samsung has the best email app. Still not perfect but much better than what is available in Google play. I understand that different people have different requirement so many would prefer something else. I find Google to be the worse if one has to monitor more than 2 email addresses.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung has the best email app. Still not perfect but much better than what is available in Google play. I understand that different people have different requirement so many would prefer something else. I find Google to be the worse if one has to monitor more than 2 email addresses.

To each his own. I usually disable Samsung's email and download Gmail. I'm actually glad they didn't include some default client which can't be uninstalled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc