Resolution Auto Switch question.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Almond OP7P yesterday. So far I am really liking it. I've been comparing it to my S10+ to see which one I like better.

One question I have is for the resolution auto switch. What dictates when it switches resolution? It is unclear to me what criteria it uses.

For now, I just put it on straight QHD which looks great, but I hear people in threads saying that having it on auto switch is a little bit better on battery.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I really don't know what constitutes the changes but most likely you won't know the difference. However for YouTube videos or 4k content on Netflix is when I'm sure it's activated. Leaving it on will almost guarantee excellent battery life at least in my experience. I've gotten over 8 hours of SOT between me and my kids just the other day.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't even sure what mine was set on. It is set on auto switch. I just got 3 days with about 5.5 hours screen time. No complaints on battery from me. The 7 pro is at least as good as my LG V30 was, maybe better. FYI, I also use 60hz to save battery as well.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes one of the main advantages of buying the OP7P is the 90 hz screen.

Running it at 60 hz to save battery seems like a reason that goes against buying to the phone in the first place.

For now, I am running it at QHD and 90 hz. I figure I might as well use the phone as it was designed to and which was one of the main selling points.

My only complaint is the lack of wireless charging.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Running it at 60 hz to save battery seems like a reason that goes against buying to the phone in the first place.

For now, I am running it at QHD and 90 hz. I figure I might as well use the phone as it was designed to and which was one of the main selling points.

But that Warp charging though! I'll take it over wireless any day but I feel where you're coming from.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site

I did try the 90hz for about a day, and didn't see what the big deal was. Switched to 60hz and I didn't really even notice a difference.

I don't miss wireless charging at all, and that was my primary charging method for the last 6 years.