So I was looking at the One Plus website thinking of placing an order, when I came across all the optional protection coverage for the screen, dropping, etc. I've previously just rolled this into the phone payments at my carrier (VZW, the only vendor with decent coverage where I am) before, but paying for the whole year or two that OnePlus offers all at one whack on top of the phone really made me reconsider.

What have you folks done? You paying for extra protection, or living for danger?
    07-11-2019 11:33 PM
    Danger. I never buy extended warranties, protection plans. I'm sure my luck will run out one of these days, but the money I haven't spent over the last 10 years should more than make up for a cracked screen. I'm really tempting fate with this phone. I only have a clear skin on it for scratch protection. not even a minimal case. One drop and I'm screwed.
    07-12-2019 07:26 AM
    Those plans are statistically not worth it, but I do make an exception for phones and have an extended warranty. They just don't seem as durable with normal use as they use to be, and every phone has its Achilles heel.
    metropolitim likes this.
    07-12-2019 08:17 AM
    Call your auto insurance company and see if the offer personal article policies. I did a few years back and they quoted me $69 annually with $0 deductible.
    metropolitim and WinTheDay like this.
    07-12-2019 10:45 AM
    I bought the one year screen coverage. I have managed to get a hair line crack in my LG G5 Screen when I was out hiking and it was in my cargo shorts pocket with the screen facing in against skin. I never fell or run into anything I could recall but it was cracked. I had a UAG case on it but no screen protector at the time.
    Only screen I ever broke. So I figured why take a chance on my pretty new phone. I want to be sure its gonna get fixed.
    07-15-2019 02:05 AM