Switching to Note 10+?

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure the Note 10+ will have a better camera, but that is about it. I much prefer the pop out camera on the Pro to a screen with a hole punch. Battery life is almost always disappointing on Samsung devices.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hecks no. For one, the price is by far and away too much compared to what I paid for the 7 Pro. $700 for 8gb/256gb. That's unbeatable for a flagship of this standard plus I trust OnePlus to continue to improve the camera which is already a joy to use with great quality. The Note 10+ doesn't offer enough to convince me to switch especially at the price they're asking for.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Nope. We get a better display on the OP7P. Better support/updates for improvements. No hole punch. Probably better battery on the OP7P since Samsung is known for bad battery caused by all the background processes it runs. Nothing Earth shattering on the Note 10+.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hecks no. For one, the price is by far and away too much compared to what I paid for the 7 Pro. $700 for 8gb/256gb. That's unbeatable for a flagship of this standard plus I trust OnePlus to continue to improve the camera which is already a joy to use with great quality. The Note 10+ doesn't offer enough to convince me to switch especially at the price they're asking for.
They are giving great trade in offers so it softens the blow in many cases. In some cases they are giving double and even tripple what you might sell a device for. Part of that is resale value has dropped a bit compared to last year.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Nope. We get a better display on the OP7P. Better support/updates for improvements. No hole punch. Probably better battery on the OP7P since Samsung is known for bad battery caused by all the background processes it runs. Nothing Earth shattering on the Note 10+.
Nothing wrong with going with what you value most

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
They are giving great trade in offers so it softens the blow in many cases. In some cases they are giving double and even tripple what you might sell a device for. Part of that is resale value has dropped a bit compared to last year.
Yeah sure if you have a phone paid off to trade in then yeah I would take advantage of that. I'm talking about outside of that it getting the phone for the full price.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised Samsung didn't include a 90hz display since they supplied the display for the OP7P. I thought it was going to be the industry standard. That single front camera is a downgrade compared to the S10+. Strange decision. Maybe they wanted to win the screen to body ratio war.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Pixel 2 XL. So either of these two(OnePlus 7 Pro and Note 10+) will be a major upgrade. I'm trying to decide which one I'm getting. Lol

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
No, I've got an s10p so for me the added gimmicks of the new s pen won't sell it to me. Now, if it had s 3d front tof face unlock you'd be talking dirty.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Even with a trade in offer of max $600 one still would pay $500 plus tax. Nice marketing on their part, seem to be working well.
As a consumer I like options , options and choices with what I can do with my device. The op7pro gives me this. Ive been a Samsung guy since s4, owned all the devices since s10p.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Even with a trade in offer of max $600 one still would pay $500 plus tax. Nice marketing on their part, seem to be working well.
As a consumer I like options , options and choices with what I can do with my device. The op7pro gives me this. Ive been a Samsung guy since s4, owned all the devices since s10p.
I always say you have to go with what makes sense to you.

Last edited:

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Pixel 2 XL. So either of these two(OnePlus 7 Pro and Note 10+) will be a major upgrade. I'm trying to decide which one I'm getting. Lol

To continue...I played with the Note 10+ at Best buy. Wow that screen is huge! Love it! But that punch hole looked bigger in person...which was kind of a disappointment. OnePlus on the other hand has a flawless screen. Still trying to decide here lol. When is OnePlus going to get AOD btw?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
To continue...I played with the Note 10+ at Best buy. Wow that screen is huge! Love it! But that punch hole looked bigger in person...which was kind of a disappointment. OnePlus on the other hand has a flawless screen. Still trying to decide here lol. When is OnePlus going to get AOD btw?
Good question on one plus for AOD haven't heard anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane