Switching to Note 10+?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I have considered it and even ordered one and later cancelled the order after playing with one at Best Buy. So why did I consider it and why did I cancel?

1. I have a Mac, and the new Dex app is definitely intriguing in terms of integration between the two.
2. I had the S10+, and prefer the OP7, but the Note has the S-Pen, and I tested that handwriting recognition. It works really well. I would find it useful.
3. I like a lot of Samsung's other products like the Galaxy Watch, and the watch for example doesn't work well with the OP7 Pro for work app notifications, whereas the S10+ had settings you could use to enable full notifications from work apps.
4. The S10+ battery life was awesome, better by a smidge than the OP7 Pro. Maybe folks here saying Samsung battery life sucks haven't used a Note 9 or S10+. Both have terrific battery life.

I ended up cancelling because:
1. I want dual Sim, and with T-Mobile, there is only 1 real option for that, which is the non-T-Mobile OP phones.
2. The screen at 60Hz is noticably worse than the OP7 Pro. I've been spoiled, and I don't think I'll switch 5o anything that doesn't have at least 90Hz AMOLED.
3. The price is ridiculous.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to mention the haptic feedback on the OP7 Pro is the best I've felt on an Android phone and far surpasses the S10+ and Note 10+.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Like I said. Disappointing. Basically it's an S10+ Pro.

That has what the Note has become in the last few years.

If I wasn't an addict I would just get the OnePlus every year. When is the 7T Pro coming out?

I'm betting OnePlus would give us MORE than what Samsung gave us with the Note.

I'm ranting more this year because up here we're really getting screwed on trades and Samsung is NOT offering the minimum $200 trade in bonus WHICH IS WHAT I GAVE THEM PROPS FOR, it made them look less greedy then Apple even though I know it's just marketing.

No phone is worth over $1,000. Samsung's bonus & promotion helped bring down the price which is why I entertained it. I was told by Samsung Store they are LOSING money on the trade-in, more like not profiting as much.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This will be the first time in awhile that I won't get the Note10+, just because I have the 1+7Pro. :)

But my sister is getting it, so I can see how it is.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
No phone is worth over $1,000. Samsung's bonus & promotion helped bring down the price which is why I entertained it. I was told by Samsung Store they are LOSING money on the trade-in, more like not profiting as much.
Buying a new phone is starting to sound like buying a new car. I swear I heard the same BS about losing money on the trade the last time I bought a car.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If there was a phone leasing company, I would join it. If I could lease a phone for 3-6 months and exchange it for a new one, would be awesome!! lol

WinTheDay

Aug 19, 2019
Visit site
Currently using an iPhone X.. and have been debating back and forth between the Note 10+ and the OP7P.

Until just 5 minutes ago... when I made the decision to place my order for the OP7P!

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Currently using an iPhone X.. and have been debating back and forth between the Note 10+ and the OP7P.

Until just 5 minutes ago... when I made the decision to place my order for the OP7P!

I was in the same boat. All last week I was going crazy trying to decide between the 7 Pro or Note 10+. I was playing with the Note at Best Buy. It's a gorgeous phone but that hole punch just ruins the experience. I know people don't mind it but I just know it's going to drive me crazy lol. So I finally decided for OnePlus! It should have been a no brainer. Proud to say I'm going to place my order this week. Can't wait.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat. All last week I was going crazy trying to decide between the 7 Pro or Note 10+. I was playing with the Note at Best Buy. It's a gorgeous phone but that hole punch just ruins the experience. I know people don't mind it but I just know it's going to drive me crazy lol. So I finally decided for OnePlus! It should have been a no brainer. Proud to say I'm going to place my order this week. Can't wait.

and the notch didnt drive you crazy?? lol

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I currently have both. Thought I'd give the note 10+ a try and just pay the restocking fee if it didn't blow me away.

Note 10+ Things I like better:

*Display is not as curved at the edges
*Slightly larger display (noticable)
*Bluetooth seems more consistent
*Battery life seems slightly better
*Vibration motor is ridiculous
*Charges = to OP7pro, maybe faster w/25w charger
*S pen is nice but not sure I'd use it
*Lighter (this makes a difference)

Places the OP7pro wins:

*Price, duh....
*Dual SIM (main reason I'm returning the note 10+)
*OS is cleaner (but One UI is ok)
*No notch or camera cut out
*Display whites are whiter
*Updates (though Samsung did push one through the day I purchased)
*Alert slider

If these phones were equally priced (and the US version of the Note had a hybrid dual SIM) I'd probably keep the Note. But the OP7 would be a damn close competitor, and that is a testament to what 1+ has actually achieved with a device that retails for about $500 less.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. I also had both, although have sold the OnePlus. My observations are similar in most respects to yours. Primary reasons I prefer the Note 10+:
1. The new Dex app. Ever since switching back from iOS to Android, with a MacBook Pro as my primary work laptop, I miss the deep integration. I've got it back and then some with the new Dex app.
2. I love the screen size, and it is surprisingly noticeable.
3. Android for Work/Intune apps (Mobile Device Management) show notifications on the Samsung Galaxy Watch, which I far prefer to any Android Wear.
4. The S-Pen hand-writing recognition is insanely good, and this means I will use this a lot for taking notes.

Those are pretty specific things. If others are looking and don't have those, I'd also recommend sticking to the OnePlus. It is a phenomenal phone, and for the price it's unbeatable. Oh, it also has much better resale value.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I also had both, although have sold the OnePlus. My observations are similar in most respects to yours. Primary reasons I prefer the Note 10+:
1. The new Dex app. Ever since switching back from iOS to Android, with a MacBook Pro as my primary work laptop, I miss the deep integration. I've got it back and then some with the new Dex app.
2. I love the screen size, and it is surprisingly noticeable.
3. Android for Work/Intune apps (Mobile Device Management) show notifications on the Samsung Galaxy Watch, which I far prefer to any Android Wear.
4. The S-Pen hand-writing recognition is insanely good, and this means I will use this a lot for taking notes.

Those are pretty specific things. If others are looking and don't have those, I'd also recommend sticking to the OnePlus. It is a phenomenal phone, and for the price it's unbeatable. Oh, it also has much better resale value.

Very good point about resale. I'm returning the Note today but, now that I've tried it there's a good possibility that I will eventually become a note user down the road a bit. There's a lot to love about it.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I switched from a Pixel 3xl to a Note 10 and now I am reading these posts since I'm considering trying the 1+7. I really dislike the Note (mainly the One UI). I will probably wait until the Pixel 4 however.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I switched from a Pixel 3xl to a Note 10 and now I am reading these posts since I'm considering trying the 1+7. I really dislike the Note (mainly the One UI). I will probably wait until the Pixel 4 however.

Never owned a phone from 1+ but I have owned Pixels. That's the one I'll be waiting for.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is anyone going to switch to the Note 10+? I considered it, but I'm still enjoying my 7 Pro.

as an ex OP7P user.currently on the N10+.i would ask why would you even consider the N10+?wireless charging?Better camera?i sold my OP7P because in Indonesia OnePlus is BM(BlackMarket) and there is a new law coming saying that BM phones will be blocked.thus i sold it for a Official Samsung N10+.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
It's been a few weeks now on the Note 10+, so thought I'd give a quick update:

1. One of the reasons beyond what I mentioned above for switching was the $600 credit for the trade of a Pixel 3.

Samsung cheated me on that, declined the trade. Long story short, I've paid full price for the Note 10+ (financed interest free for 1 year). So I can return it until Sep 16th if I choose to but I did also get $150 free gear that I do use including a wireless Duo charger that charges both the Note and my Galaxy Watch wirlelessly, and two beautiful Samsung cases for the phone, plus a 10,000 mAH fast charging battery. I would not trust Samsung on any trade-in program. While most folks are fine, I'm far from alone on being declined and their customer service in my view has been very poor.

2. Overall, I prefer the Note's screen ever so slightly because of how bright it is, particularly in direct sunlight and I do use it in direct sunlight enough, plus the increased size and decreased curvature. I don't find the center punch hole to be distracting.

3. I do use and really enjoy the S-Pen, and Bluetooth connectivity in general is a lot better, with many more devices working perfectly with the Note than with the OP (e.g. my Airpods work well for making calls with the Note, but not with the OP7). But that's definitely not enough to justify the extra cost.

4. Being in Cyber Security, I can tell you that Samsung's Knox is way more secure than any other Android phone. On the other hand, Samsung is slow with updates while OP is super quick.

Overall I would still not recommend this upgrade for the vast majority of folks. We live in a time when you can get an amazing phone in the OnePlus for an incredible price. Just look at the iPhone 11 Pro Mac starting at $1,100 with 64GB storage. What a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781