So I'm at work, I look to use my phone (OP7 pro), and it's not responding to touch screen or pushing in the power button. Even when holding down the power button to try to reboot, nothing shows up on the screen. I plugged in my charger, still seeing nothing. This has never happened before. Just a black screen and nothing I can do - it's essentially a brick. Wth is going on and what am I supposed to do? Help!!!
    08-15-2019 01:43 PM
    Keep it plugged into a wall outlet for at least 6 hours undisturbed. Then try powering on again by pressing and holding Power for at least 20 seconds (count them off -- it's longer than you think). If nothing happens, try using a different charging cable. If that doesn't work, then the battery or motherboard might be defective.
    08-15-2019 01:50 PM
    So I'm at work, I look to use my phone (OP7 pro), and it's not responding to touch screen or pushing in the power button. Even when holding down the power button to try to reboot, nothing shows up on the screen. I plugged in my charger, still seeing nothing. This has never happened before. Just a black screen and nothing I can do - it's essentially a brick. Wth is going on and what am I supposed to do? Help!!!
    It's still fairly new to have this issue
    Can you get into recovery?
    How much battery was left before it happened?
    08-15-2019 02:08 PM
    unless there was something mysteriously draining the battery it would've been above 80%. I can't see anything on my screen when I tried holding down the power button. I held it in for 20+ seconds. I'm letting it "charge" now though there's nothing on the screen. not gonna touch it for awhile. kinda nervous obviously
    08-15-2019 02:30 PM
    unless there was something mysteriously draining the battery it would've been above 80%. I can't see anything on my screen when I tried holding down the power button. I held it in for 20+ seconds. I'm letting it "charge" now though there's nothing on the screen. not gonna touch it for awhile. kinda nervous obviously
    Can understand that , but hold the volume down and power button same time see if recovery mode option pops up
    08-15-2019 02:35 PM
    Can understand that , but hold the volume down and power button same time see if recovery mode option pops up
    That didn't do anything...
    08-15-2019 02:43 PM
    That didn't do anything...
    That's not good
    08-15-2019 02:43 PM
    it was working fine with no hiccups prior to this. I don't understand. OnePlus will help me with this I hope?
    08-15-2019 03:14 PM
    it was working fine with no hiccups prior to this. I don't understand. OnePlus will help me with this I hope?
    Of course you are very well in the warranty period.
    08-15-2019 03:19 PM
    no signs of life still. I'm pretty bummed out! I've never had a new phone that was previously working just fine totally crap out on me like this. it's frustrating
    08-15-2019 07:19 PM
    That's not good
    Been busy at work, but just finally had an opportunity to call OnePlus. There was an easy fix. I was told to hold the volume up, then hold the power button too, for 15-20 seconds. Sure enough, the phone restarted. I was told that was a quick reboot, and apparently the black screen and unresponsiveness to other methods has been reported as a known issue with the latest software update. So just a heads up for everyone else. I'm glad to have my phone back!!
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    08-15-2019 08:52 PM
    Wow, good to know and good save! That gave me flashbacks to my Galaxy Note 2 days when I went to pick it up off the coffee table only to learn it would never wake up again.
    Been busy at work, but just finally had an opportunity to call OnePlus. There was an easy fix. I was told to hold the volume up, then hold the power button too, for 15-20 seconds. Sure enough, the phone restarted. I was told that was a quick reboot, and apparently the black screen and unresponsiveness to other methods has been reported as a known issue with the latest software update. So just a heads up for everyone else. I'm glad to have my phone back!!
    08-15-2019 09:04 PM
    no signs of life still. I'm pretty bummed out! I've never had a new phone that was previously working just fine totally crap out on me like this. it's frustrating
    Yeah that's a bummer
    Have you talked to one plus?
    08-15-2019 09:44 PM
    Oh wow thank you , incase I run into with my 1+7 pro or anyone else.
    08-15-2019 10:35 PM
    Same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. Went to be d with 50% battery, woke up with a brick. Like you, nothing worked. Plugged it in but it didn't register like it was charging. After a short while I pressed power and volume down to try a reboot into safe mode but didn't work. Thinking I had my buttons wrong, I pressed power and volume up and after 10 seconds or so, it restarted. I looked at the battery monitor and it showed it was at 50% but obviously it wasn't. I left it on the charger for a few hours until full charge which reset the battery monitor and it has been fine since. Glad to know its a "known problem" and there will be a fix! Thought I was alone....
    08-16-2019 05:59 PM
    There's a whole thread about the black screen of death on the official one plus community forums.
    08-17-2019 02:45 PM
    There's a whole thread about the black screen of death on the official one plus community forums.
    Except here, it's fortunately more of a black screen of coma rather than death, correct?
    frederickdawg likes this.
    08-17-2019 11:02 PM
    Except here, it's fortunately more of a black screen of coma rather than death, correct?
    It happens to my op7 also 20% of the time. I have to press the power standby button to wake her up , so yes. It's a comatozed state for sure lol. And not a powered off by itself issue thank God.
    09-03-2019 03:30 PM
    This happened to me the other evening. Held the the volume up and power buttons until I see the reboot screen to bring it back to life.
    09-04-2019 10:16 PM