OP7 Pro Vs. Note 10+

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hello!
Was anyone else debating between the OP7 Pro and the Note 10+? I pre ordered mine on the 21st and it hasn't arrived yet, but I'm debating on selling it when it arrives for the OP7 Pro....

Anyone else debating between, or decided on one of these?
Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello!
Was anyone else debating between the OP7 Pro and the Note 10+? I pre ordered mine on the 21st and it hasn't arrived yet, but I'm debating on selling it when it arrives for the OP7 Pro....

Thanks!
I have both , love them for different reasons.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nice, what are the reasons you prefer one over the other?
I like one plus because of oxygen OS the 90htz screen and full screen and it's just blazing fast . Oh and the pop up selfie just for innovating ..
I like note 10+ the feature pack stuff like power share /wirlesss charging one UI pretty good and I use the S-pen for work alot. Camera very solid compared to previous generation and lived the trade in deals that come along .

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I like one plus because of oxygen OS the 90htz screen and full screen and it's just blazing fast . Oh and the pop up selfie just for innovating ..
I like note 10+ the feature pack stuff like power share /wirlesss charging one UI pretty good and I use the S-pen for work alot. Camera very solid compared to previous generation and lived the trade in deals that come along .

Ah, ok, thanks! Tough for me to decide myself, and I'm not certain yet. It would be a bit more of a hassle trying to sell it now when I get it. I prefer the OP7 Pro with the 90Hz display, dual SIM capability, the UI looks cleaner to me, and from what I've seen better customizability. The Note 10+ I like coming from the Note 8 with the bigger battery, fast 45w charging, the size is larger, the S-Pen is a little useful but I haven't taken much of an advantage with it on my phone. I'd like to have dual SIM I think, and the look of the OP7 Pro is cleaner, too.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ah, ok, thanks! Tough for me to decide myself, and I'm not certain yet. It would be a bit more of a hassle trying to sell it now when I get it. I prefer the OP7 Pro with the 90Hz display, dual SIM capability, the UI looks cleaner to me, and from what I've seen better customizability. The Note 10+ I like coming from the Note 8 with the bigger battery, fast 45w charging, the size is larger, the S-Pen is a little useful but I haven't taken much of an advantage with it on my phone. I'd like to have dual SIM I think, and the look of the OP7 Pro is cleaner, too.
Sounds like you be better off with 1+7

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like you be better off with 1+7

Ok, thanks! I should try going into a store again to see it in person. I briefly went into a TMobile store that was empty with one rep in it and looked at both, and the OP7P looked more fluid for sure. I didn't get too much of a look at either, though.

poppy

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I just handed by note back today within the cooling off period for a few reasons :-
1)Face unlock not as fast as OP7P
2)Finger print sensor is not nearly as good as the OP7P
3)Battery life is poor compared to the OP7P
4)And the clincher.... the smoothness,software and speed of the OP7P is sublime.
Camera isn't as good as the Note, but it's good enough

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just handed by note back today within the cooling off period for a few reasons :-
4)And the clincher.... the smoothness,software and speed of the OP7P is sublime.

Just a point to make regarding the FPS.

The 1+7P is faster because it's a less secure 2D imaging scanner.

The Note 10 uses a 3D sonic scanner.

The end result is that the 1+7P is faster, but less secure than the Note 10.

So with respect to the FPS, it's do you want faster but less secure, or a bit slower but more secure.

I prefer faster and less secure myself cause I don't worry about my phone being stolen.

poppy

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Faster and less secure all the way, slow FPS and face unlock causes frustration in daily use!

So with respect to the FPS, it's do you want faster but less secure, or a bit slower but more secure.

I prefer faster and less secure myself cause I don't worry about my phone being stolen.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello!

Thanks!

2 reasons why i would get the OP7 Pro.first reason is full screen no notch dot or whatsoever...second reason is the 90Hz refresh rate...other than that the N10+ is better...Samsung did a really good job with the 25w fast charging.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

im an ex OP7P user.currently on the N10+.
1)Face Unlock for me its faster on the N10+(because OP7P needs time to launch the camera).
2)Fingerprint works more or less the same.
3)Battery life is almost the same for me.(only a P30 Pro can do better than OP7P and the N10+)

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm sticking with my 7pro for now. Still have my note 9 as backup if needed. Might look at the Pixel 4 if they confirm the 90hz display but will depend on the screen.

I do like the squared corners of the note 10 compared to the 7pro. and the edges have a less noticeable curve.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Has there been any reports of the in display optical FPS being compromised? All this talk about more security with in display sonic FPS makes me wonder. Is it necessary or is it a gimmick to add more features on a spec sheet as a selling point? I have an N10+ also but have been wondering about this. I prefer the speed of my OP7P in display FPS. Maybe a software update will increase the speed for the N10+.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I also hear about the 7 Pro FPS being "less" secure...what does that even mean in real life??? Is someone going to "somehow" get my fingerprint from a water glass, and transfer it to a silicone finger, steal my phone, and unlock it? :eek:
Can it be unlocked with a photo of my fingerprint??? Where's that going to come from?
Try to unlock your phone with an unregistered finger and see if it unlocks.... Mine certainly doesn't!
Soooooo, I think it's a bunch of debating over nothing.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

It's not the reason why I'm picking OnePlus but I agree not worried or paranoid about Security. This is why I prefer and love FaceID/Unlock.

Faster, more convenient > Security

I do have both but if I could only keep one...

OnePlus 7 Pro

+ Dual SIM
+ 90hz Display
+ Almond
+ Warp Charging
+ Oxygen

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
It's not the reason why I'm picking OnePlus but I agree not worried or paranoid about Security. This is why I prefer and love FaceID/Unlock.

Faster, more convenient > Security

I do have both but if I could only keep one...

OnePlus 7 Pro

+ Dual SIM
+ 90hz Display
+ Almond
+ Warp Charging
+ Oxygen

Hello fellow Canuck!

I have an international Note 10+ and am on-the-fence about the OP7 Pro. If you don't mind sharing your thoughts on the following:

1. How much better is the Note 10+'s display in bright sunlight? I'm still amazed by just how good it is and even dramatically better than my previous S9+.

2. Is there any camera scenario where the OP7 just can't compete with the Note 10+?

I hope you don't mind if I ask some more questions as they come to mind? :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power