Top bar not showing (Android 10 Beta)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello. I have OnePlus 7 with Android 10 beta and most of the time the bar which shows battery, clock etc. is hidden. Is this a bug, a setting thing or just very poor design? I have the setting which hid the front camera (did this with Android 9). I tried to find a setting to get it shown but didn't find.

SaraGill

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
Here's how it shows in Chrome. I must slide the bar down in order to see time and battery

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190911-121257.jpg
    Screenshot_20190911-121257.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 17

SaraGill

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
Strange. Do you mean that you didn't see the status bar when you took the screenshot but it shows you as normal in it?

Yeah. It only shows correctly in the screenshot. Most of the time (when I'm using an app, when I'm on "desktop" bar is showing correctly) the top bar shows like this to me. When I took the screenshot it appeared as a white bar with the information. It has never appeared as white for me before, I think.

I think it has something to do with the setting which hides the notch. I haven't found a setting which reveals the notch anymore after I updated this phone to Android 10 Beta

Attachments

• 3yQtlAq%RhKMdPUMr8iClA_thumb_10.jpg
    3yQtlAq%RhKMdPUMr8iClA_thumb_10.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 15

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. It only shows correctly in the screenshot. Most of the time (when I'm using an app, when I'm on "desktop" bar is showing correctly) the top bar shows like this to me. When I took the screenshot it appeared as a white bar with the information. It has never appeared as white for me before, I think.

I think it has something to do with the setting which hides the notch. I haven't found a setting which reveals the notch anymore after I updated this phone to Android 10 Beta
I see, that picture explains the issue very well. The notch is hidden leaving the top part of the screen empty. I'm not sure where that setting went in the Open Beta. Let me ask around.

Just in case, take a look in the Developer Options or use the search option in the settings for words like notch, hide or status bar.

SaraGill

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
I see, that picture explains the issue very well. The notch is hidden leaving the top part of the screen empty. I'm not sure where that setting went in the Open Beta. Let me ask around.

Just in case, take a look in the Developer Options or use the search option in the settings for words like notch, hide or status bar.

Okay, I found a notch settings from the developer options. I wasn't a developer before. When I try to switch it to default it reveals the noth for a small moment and then it switches back to the same as it was in the latest picture

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sara do you have a 3rd party launcher like Nova ?

Go to phone settings >apps and notifications >default apps>home app tap , what is your options there?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I found a notch settings from the developer options. I wasn't a developer before. When I try to switch it to default it reveals the noth for a small moment and then it switches back to the same as it was in the latest picture
Which value do you have selected in this Developer Option?
Screenshot_20190911-110207.jpeg

SaraGill

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
Which value do you have selected in this Developer Option?
View attachment 309513

For me it's "device's default setting" or such, I don't have "none"-option. I think the device's default setting is to hide the notch so it wont show or something?

It's not the worlds end if it doesn't work but I wanted to tell you this to know if it's a bug or something to develop :)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
For me it's "device's default setting" or such, I don't have "none"-option. I think the device's default setting is to hide the notch so it wont show or something?

It's not the worlds end if it doesn't work but I wanted to tell you this to know if it's a bug or something to develop :)
Not sure what else to suggest, sorry. I haven't found a similar report anywhere else. I'll keep an eye open and post back if I find anything about this problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also check in phone settings>display>status bar if they are toggled on for time ? And click icon manager see if clock is also toggled on Screenshot_20190911-105944.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki