Screen curvature compared to Note 9/10 or Galaxy S 9/10

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello, folks,

I have a question regarding just how badly curved the display is on the 1+7P. I am one of those who absolutely detest the curved displays out there nowadays, but don’t like the offerings currently out there with flat displays… oh well… first world problems, lol.

I have been going with the Note series vs the S series of Sammy phones in large part because the curvature of the display is less, a bit more flat, than the S series.

My question is… can anyone tell me how badly curved the display is on the 1+7P compared to either of those devices?

I have no intention of buying a phone with a notch or hole punch, so that leaves the 1+7P as the only phone now that has most of the specs I’m looking for… but if the screen is pretty much as badly curved as my Note 9, I’ll probably just stick with the Note 9.

I’m interested in getting something new, but the display is the primary thing for me. For some it’s the camera, for some it’s the monster specs for gaming or whatnot, and for some, like me, it’s all about the display. There is a point though where the entire package has to add up. Case in point before someone says it… the Sony Xperia 1. Arguably the best display out there and FLAT, (WHOO HOOOOO !!!), but the rest of the specs, for a whopping $1K? Yeah… I don’t think so, lol.

Who knows, my perfect phone may never come about and I’ll just save my money and keep rocking the Note 9 until it dies… but hopefully someone will get rid of notches/holes and aggressively curved displays by then, lol.

Anyway, I appreciate any insight you can provide.

Take care,
Lou

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't help you with a comparison to those Samsung devices, but I find the screen on the OP7P to be pretty damn reflective, particularly with the curved edges.

Those edges make pretty significant portions of the display unseeable in situations with a lot of ambient light, or sunny outdoor days IMO.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
The OP7 Pro for me isn't as curved as my previous Note 9; but it isn't the best in sunlight whereas I had no issues with the Note 9 at all.

However, I'd still have the OP7 Pro over the Note 9 personally; both superb phones, but the S Pen never got used and for me, the Samsung screens are a nightmare for screen protectors (bar the latest S10 and Note 10 range that now come with them pre-fitted)

I loved the Note 9 otherwise, but the OP7 Pro for my needs is much better suited

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The OP7 Pro for me isn't as curved as my previous Note 9; but it isn't the best in sunlight whereas I had no issues with the Note 9 at all.

Thank you both.

I don't really use my phone outside overly much, at least not in a way that the curves bother me at that point in time. I hate the fish bowl effect when watching movies/videos, and to a far lesser extent, gaming... none of which I do outside in bright light.

So, that being said, I'm rather surprised that the screen is curved less than the Note 9, (my current DD).

I really wish I could find the phone somewhere to actually look at it side by side to my Note 9, but I also wish I'd win a big billion dollar lottery too, lol.

There are a number of other factors keeping me from pulling the trigger on a 1+7P, (lack of wireless charging and a biggie for me... no AOD), but I'm trying to get an idea of the screen curvature. I might forgive the other shortfalls if I like the screen enough.

If wishes were fishes we'd all be in school...

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Thank you both.

I don't really use my phone outside overly much, at least not in a way that the curves bother me at that point in time. I hate the fish bowl effect when watching movies/videos, and to a far lesser extent, gaming... none of which I do outside in bright light.

So, that being said, I'm rather surprised that the screen is curved less than the Note 9, (my current DD).

I really wish I could find the phone somewhere to actually look at it side by side to my Note 9, but I also wish I'd win a big billion dollar lottery too, lol.

There are a number of other factors keeping me from pulling the trigger on a 1+7P, (lack of wireless charging and a biggie for me... no AOD), but I'm trying to get an idea of the screen curvature. I might forgive the other shortfalls if I like the screen enough.

If wishes were fishes we'd all be in school...

Thank you for this question, the screen curve is a big question for myself as well. I am not a huge fan of it but unless the pixel 4 is priced at a reasonable non 1k. I will be doing my upgrade to this phone. As far as wireless charging goes, I honestly thought it would make me get rid of the pixel 3a. At least for myself, I now just consider it a convenience if a phone has it. Plus from what I have read the charging on this phone is pretty impressive.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for this question, the screen curve is a big question for myself as well. I am not a huge fan of it but unless the pixel 4 is priced at a reasonable non 1k. I will be doing my upgrade to this phone. As far as wireless charging goes, I honestly thought it would make me get rid of the pixel 3a. At least for myself, I now just consider it a convenience if a phone has it. Plus from what I have read the charging on this phone is pretty impressive.

The latest Pixel is going to be c£1k here in the UK by the looks of things; that's far too expensive for a phone with only 64GB memory (it's backwards IMO)

The OP7 Pro for me ticks all the boxes at a great price.

Like you, I really liked wireless charging; but I've got a good Anker phone stand and a longer OP compatible charging cable from Amazon that still allows the super-fast charging that the OP phones have and it's no bother now having to plug it in

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My problem with Pixels is the notch.

I flat out refuse to buy any phone with a notch or hole punch, until if & when I have no other choice.

Admittedly my choices are running thin at this point in that regard. For now it's stick with my Note 9, 1+7P, or ROG phone 2... and since I barely ever game on my phone the ROG 2 is very overkill.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad