OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Coming to T-Mobile

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the OnePlus 7T from T-Mobile and now T-Mobile has announced that they will offer the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition sometime this year. I'd really prefer to have the 5G phone but it will probably cost more than I can afford.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the OnePlus 7T from T-Mobile and now T-Mobile has announced that they will offer the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition sometime this year. I'd really prefer to have the 5G phone but it will probably cost more than I can afford.

OnePlus phones have pretty good resale value, and the 7 Pro is technically the flagship device so if you sell it as a "like new" device you'll probably get most of the cash you need to cover the 7T McLaren edition.

I use TMobile too and would be likely to grab the device but I need two sims and as an exclusive on that carrier it will likely only have one sim card slot.

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
OnePlus phones have pretty good resale value, and the 7 Pro is technically the flagship device so if you sell it as a "like new" device you'll probably get most of the cash you need to cover the 7T McLaren edition.

I use TMobile too and would be likely to grab the device but I need two sims and as an exclusive on that carrier it will likely only have one sim card slot.

Thanks, I'm going to wait and see what the 5G phone costs. Then, unless it's way out of my price range, I'll sell my 7T on Swappa and buy the 5G version.

If you have two lines and they're both T-Mobile, you can use DIGITS to have two T-Mobile numbers on the same device. I think the cost is $10/month.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant McLaren 7Pro 5G has so many negatives against it already.

There will be no global firmware to convert this exclusive T-Mobile model to, (the only other 5G model, 7 Pro 5G, has a different chipset, etc: ), and buyers will be at the mercy of TMO butchering the firmware and its usual slow or no, firmware updates.

The McLaren model 5G will not be eligible for OnePlus' Open Beta programme as indeed, the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, is not.

On the subject of the carrier exclusive OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, users are already up-in-arms because they are not scheduled to receive the update to Android 10 until Q1 2020. Some 3 or 4 months after the non 5G model and the global 6T. See...

UNIFIED] OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Owners Complaint Thread

Owners on that thread are begging to exchange their 7 Pro 5G models for the non 5G as it is much better supported and updated phone model.

With T-Mobile's exclusivity on the 5G McLaren, they will not offer the same sort of updates as the non 5G model and great will be the weeping and wailing of owners who think they have purchased a premium device.

Bottom line: In my humble opinion, the T-Mobile (USA) McLaren 5G is a whole heap of misery, waiting to happen :eek:

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
The T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant McLaren 7Pro 5G has so many negatives against it already.

There will be no global firmware to convert this exclusive T-Mobile model to, (the only other 5G model, 7 Pro 5G, has a different chipset, etc: ), and buyers will be at the mercy of TMO butchering the firmware and its usual slow or no, firmware updates.

The McLaren model 5G will not be eligible for OnePlus' Open Beta programme as indeed, the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, is not.

On the subject of the carrier exclusive OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, users are already up-in-arms because they are not scheduled to receive the update to Android 10 until Q1 2020. Some 3 or 4 months after the non 5G model and the global 6T. See...

UNIFIED] OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Owners Complaint Thread

Owners on that thread are begging to exchange their 7 Pro 5G models for the non 5G as it is much better supported and updated phone model.

With T-Mobile's exclusivity on the 5G McLaren, they will not offer the same sort of updates as the non 5G model and great will be the weeping and wailing of owners who think they have purchased a premium device.

Bottom line: In my humble opinion, the T-Mobile (USA) McLaren 5G is a whole heap of misery, waiting to happen :eek:
Yep, a bit like those who buy Verizon pixel 4 and complain about not being able to root.

Last edited: