is android 10 out for oneplus 7 pro in u.s.?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Just got a oneplus 7 pro new, about a week ago, by far my favorite device I've ever owned, and better than the pixels i owned. But i have only received one update to 9.5.13 aug 1st security patch. Is that the most current update? Or is android 10 out and im just not receiving it?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The best way to get all the updates within a day or two of release is to install Oxygen Updater from the Play Store. It works great. I used it on my 6 and now on my 7 Pro. The downside is that you may get a release that is not quite ready for prime time. So if that is the case then it's up to you whether to install any update or wait for reviews. I have two 7 Pro's in my house and both are running 10.0.1 without any serious issues other than the very well known quirks like the auto screen brightness not working as good as we wished it would. If you're waiting for an OTA...welllllll???????
There's also a way to download the zip file from OnePlus directly but I have read about some having issues with getting it to update properly, so I recommend Oxygen Updater.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Is root required or a computer for oxygen updater similar to sideloading new updates like on pixels? ? Or you can download it from the phone?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Is root required or a computer for oxygen updater similar to sideloading new updates like on pixels? ? Or you can download it from the phone?
You don't need root, just follow the instructions in the app and when the file is downloaded you to the stock settings and select 'Local upgrade' in the System Updates screen (cog icon top right).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You don't need root, just follow the instructions in the app and when the file is downloaded you to the stock settings and select 'Local upgrade' in the System Updates screen (cog icon top right).
US version doesn't have local upgrade , they have to wait until update available

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Worked for me, im in the u.s. and just downloaded oxygen updater, got android 10 right away for the 7 pro... Was actually suprised and impressed you can update like that thru an app lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar