OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
During my flight I was reading about several alarming issues with users who updated these devices to the official Android 11 stable release which apparently isn't so stable. It seems a lot of these issues have yet to be addressed. I'm curious to know as I just bought this device and now reading all this I think I'll stick to Android 10 until who knows when they release some reliable fixes to issues reported like battery drain, overheating, sluggish UI, wifi issues.

For those that have updated how has your experience been?

Edit: Found this reddit thread with lots of complaints. How do I prevent the phone from automatically updating?
https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/n0mdib/77tseries_android_11_update_megathread/?sort=new

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
During my flight I was reading about several alarming issues with users who updated these devices to the official Android 11 stable release which apparently isn't so stable. It seems a lot of these issues have yet to be addressed. I'm curious to know as I just bought this device and now reading all this I think I'll stick to Android 10 until who knows when they release some reliable fixes to issues reported like battery drain, overheating, sluggish UI, wifi issues.

For those that have updated how has your experience been?

Edit: Found this reddit thread with lots of complaints. How do I prevent the phone from automatically updating?
https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/n0mdib/77tseries_android_11_update_megathread/?sort=new
That mega thread is for the whole 7 series and started with the first Android 11 version for unlocked devices. The first version of any big update always comes with bugs, lots, and since then there have been two more updates.

The latest update seems quite stable for most users and you have the advantage of having a brand new phone, so you'll have a "clean" install. If I were in your position I'd upgrade to 11 first thing before setting the phone up with your apps, passwords and personal options. Then, if you want to be extra "clean", do a factory reset to avoid any residual bug.

But first, double check if you have the International build (AA) or T-Mobile (CB).

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
That mega thread is for the whole 7 series and started with the first Android 11 version for unlocked devices. The first version of any big update always comes with bugs, lots, and since then there have been two more updates.

The latest update seems quite stable for most users and you have the advantage of having a brand new phone, so you'll have a "clean" install. If I were in your position I'd upgrade to 11 first thing before setting the phone up with your apps, passwords and personal options. Then, if you want to be extra "clean", do a factory reset to avoid any residual bug.

But first, double check if you have the International build (AA) or T-Mobile (CB).

Oh just saw this response. Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to check on that info.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

How's yours been on Android 11?

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Pardon all. I made all this fuss but with the latest news about OnePlus and Oppo plus the continuing issues posted all over media I have chosen not to take a chance with this phone. I'll leave it sealed and resell it on Swappa or eBay.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Pardon all. I made all this fuss but with the latest news about OnePlus and Oppo plus the continuing issues posted all over media I have chosen not to take a chance with this phone. I'll leave it sealed and resell it on Swappa or eBay.
Maybe I missed out , what continued issues? I mean all manufacturer have issues that don't get address right away .

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I missed out , what continued issues? I mean all manufacturer have issues that don't get address right away .

Well I understand the experience is not the same for all and you both haven't had any issues, but there's multiple issues addressed on many forums (including XDA), and YouTube videos regarding performance issues on the device ranging from decreased battery life, laggy UI, Wifi and Mobile signal loss and then there's the uncertainty from my end of the device working properly with AT&T (given it's the HD1907 model and not HD1905 but that's my fault for not informing myself better beforehand. Leaving it sealed I may be able to get a better sale out of it then if I open it though I also have the option of returning it to OnePlus.

As for other manufacturers having issues, that is true but how long it will take to work out the software kinks is a bit worrisome as OnePlus keeps focusing on pushing out more and more phones. So many models!

Ultimately I understand if you disagree with my view but this is my personal option I feel most comfortable with. I may try out another device instead with the little extra play money I have at the moment.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No I don't disagree with what you said, I heard about Verizon and Att being iffy on One plus device maybe in future they will be sorted out , don't forget One plus was finally able recently sell those phones to other carriers so maybe future wise be good going forward. I just wanted to know your reason as curiosity , I like to hear inputs about all these devices from members here especially because we use them in the real world and get good feedback on this here .

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
No I don't disagree with what you said, I heard about Verizon and Att being iffy on One plus device maybe in future they will be sorted out , don't forget One plus was finally able recently sell those phones to other carriers so maybe future wise be good going forward. I just wanted to know your reason as curiosity , I like to hear inputs about all these devices from members here especially because we use them in the real world and get good feedback on this here .

Yeah it's just a bit disappointing. I get the feeling OnePlus is not headed in a good direction and this has turned me off from trying the device. It's a shame! I did call AT&T and they confirmed it will work fine but given the other factors, I rather just play it safe. For now I have my Pixel 4A and might end up waiting for the Pixel 6 instead. Thank you for your feedback as well!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah it's just a bit disappointing. I get the feeling OnePlus is not headed in a good direction and this has turned me off from trying the device. It's a shame! I did call AT&T and they confirmed it will work fine but given the other factors, I rather just play it safe. For now I have my Pixel 4A and might end up waiting for the Pixel 6 instead. Thank you for your feedback as well!
I kinda also think after 7pro they went off a little but I still like their products, I understand .
Your welcome!

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I kinda also think after 7pro they went off a little but I still like their products, I understand .
Your welcome!

Well I haven't had much luck selling the device brand new so I ended up opening it just to check the software version and despite being the HD1907 model it did come with the AA version of the software. The phone feels very premium but then again I haven't owned a flagship for years (perhaps Pixel 6 will be the first). Now I've reduced the price and trying to sell as Open Box.

Perhaps people are less willing to buy OnePlus devices with all the latest news regarding OPPO and some leaked letter as well as several employees now leaving (or getting fired) from India division. I thought it was just the 7T phone having issues but checking on the OnePlus forums there are also some complaints on the 8 and 9 series but I also understand most people that have issues are the ones to post. Those not affected you'll never hear from. Still, I feel I made a bad investment. :(

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well I haven't had much luck selling the device brand new so I ended up opening it just to check the software version and despite being the HD1907 model it did come with the AA version of the software. The phone feels very premium but then again I haven't owned a flagship for years (perhaps Pixel 6 will be the first). Now I've reduced the price and trying to sell as Open Box.

Perhaps people are less willing to buy OnePlus devices with all the latest news regarding OPPO and some leaked letter as well as several employees now leaving (or getting fired) from India division. I thought it was just the 7T phone having issues but checking on the OnePlus forums there are also some complaints on the 8 and 9 series but I also understand most people that have issues are the ones to post. Those not affected you'll never hear from. Still, I feel I made a bad investment. :(
Where you selling it , swappa?
I had the regular 1+7p and lost that phone , so i replaced it with 1+7T pro mclaren because was my favoriteOne Plus device over the 8 or 9 .

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Where you selling it , swappa?
I had the regular 1+7p and lost that phone , so i replaced it with 1+7T pro mclaren because was my favoriteOne Plus device over the 8 or 9 .

I posted it on Swappa and eBay. Let's see if there will eventually be any takers. Trying to minimize my loss on the purchase!

I actually think the device is very beautiful even with the circular camera bump on the back. Makes it look different than everything else out there. I actually wish Google would build Pixel devices to feel a bit more premium/sophisticated looking. I'm loving the Silver color on this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I posted it on Swappa and eBay. Let's see if there will eventually be any takers. Trying to minimize my loss on the purchase!

I actually think the device is very beautiful even with the circular camera bump on the back. Makes it look different than everything else out there. I actually wish Google would build Pixel devices to feel a bit more premium/sophisticated looking. I'm loving the Silver color on this.
Yeah its a nice looking device, try keep the price in range of a mint phone on those site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty