OnePlus 7T is official.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Ok previous OnePlus owners. In the past, have the phones been placed on sale during the holiday season? Thinking about switching from Pixel to this phone, but wondering if in the past, have they placed the phones on sale?

Thanks,

CranksterBB10

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Ok previous OnePlus owners. In the past, have the phones been placed on sale during the holiday season? Thinking about switching from Pixel to this phone, but wondering if in the past, have they placed the phones on sale?

Thanks,

I don't recall any sale on phones. They tend to discount accessories. I could be wrong.

King112585

Dec 7, 2018
Visit site

Thanks,

Oneplus doesn't typically do many sales throughout a products life cycle which is how they hit a lower entry price point. Occasionally you may see a $50 discount on old stock when a new model is coming out (maybe for the holidays) but nothing like you see from Samsung.

awsomsauce

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm so torn!! I currently have an order out for a Pixel 3XL that's been "delayed" for about a week now with no sign of when it'll actually ship. I can still cancel it, and I might for this phone. I can get it from T-Mobile, so I can take advantage of the wifi calling and hotspot, which I couldn't with the Pixel. But the Pixel has features the 7T doesn't. $599 is about my max for a phone, so not really interested in waiting for the Pixel 4s. Any thoughts? 7T or 3XL?? Please help!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm so torn!! I currently have an order out for a Pixel 3XL that's been "delayed" for about a week now with no sign of when it'll actually ship. I can still cancel it, and I might for this phone. I can get it from T-Mobile, so I can take advantage of the wifi calling and hotspot, which I couldn't with the Pixel. But the Pixel has features the 7T doesn't. $599 is about my max for a phone, so not really interested in waiting for the Pixel 4s. Any thoughts? 7T or 3XL?? Please help!

Tricky, that decision is very personal. I would go for the 7T personally. For my needs only the camera could be better in the Pixel.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

I currently have the Pixel 3XL and I actually really like it. But I am curious to try OnePlus just because, but I do not think it will be better than the pixel.

Pixel has a great camera and takes great photos.
Then there is screen call which I use A LOT.

I am pretty sure that when the Pixel 4 gets released, the pixel 3 will be discounted.

I say wait till pixel 4 gets released and see what happens with the pixel 3 pricing

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
How much are you paying for the 3 XL? Is it the 64 or the 128 GB model?

awsomsauce

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I currently have the Pixel 3XL and I actually really like it. But I am curious to try OnePlus just because, but I do not think it will be better than the pixel.

Pixel has a great camera and takes great photos.
Then there is screen call which I use A LOT.

I am pretty sure that when the Pixel 4 gets released, the pixel 3 will be discounted.

I say wait till pixel 4 gets released and see what happens with the pixel 3 pricing

Pixel 3's already discounted. It's $300 off, down to $599 for the XL

awsomsauce

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
How much are you paying for the 3 XL? Is it the 64 or the 128 GB model?

$599, it's $300 off. It's the 64GB version, which is fine with me. I currently have a 64GB LG V30 that I got at launch, I've got less than 50GB used in the 2-ish years since, so it's enough. My biggest space user (and worry) is pictures, I've got about 23GB of pictures currently. With the LG, I have an SD card. With the Pixel, there's the unlimited Google storage. IDK if OnePlus offers anything similar, I know there's no SD card

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
$599, it's $300 off. It's the 64GB version, which is fine with me. I currently have a 64GB LG V30 that I got at launch, I've got less than 50GB used in the 2-ish years since, so it's enough. My biggest space user (and worry) is pictures, I've got about 23GB of pictures currently. With the LG, I have an SD card. With the Pixel, there's the unlimited Google storage. IDK if OnePlus offers anything similar, I know there's no SD card
The OnePlus 7T comes with OnePlus Cloud to store media, not sure yet of how much free storage it includes.

If you really like taking pictures maybe the Pixel would be the best option. OnePlus phones get Google Camera ports very often and they seem to improve quality when compared with the stock app.

It's very personal. I'd would still prefer the SD855+, 8/128 GB and 90 Hz refresh rate over the SD845, 4/64 GB and I really like dual SIM phones.

Oh, and the size of the notch :D

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

I have the 64GB storage and no problems with it. Yes I do take a lot of pictures and videos, but with Google Photo unlimited storage, all the storage space being used is just from Apps and other data. No issue with storage since getting this phone last November.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
The OnePlus 7T comes with OnePlus Cloud to store media, not sure yet of how much free storage it includes.

If you really like taking pictures maybe the Pixel would be the best option. OnePlus phones get Google Camera ports very often and they seem to improve quality when compared with the stock app.

It's very personal. I'd would still prefer the SD855+, 8/128 GB and 90 Hz refresh rate over the SD845, 4/64 GB and I really like dual SIM phones.

Notch didn't bother me as much as I thought it would have. There is an app called Nacho Notch that can get rid of it. I downloaded it, but as of today, have yet to use it

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Notch didn't bother me as much as I thought it would have. There is an app called Nacho Notch that can get rid of it. I downloaded it, but as of today, have yet to use it
Yes, I've been using that app since my Moto G7+, great app. I have problems with notches even those small water drops.

awsomsauce

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site

You're kind of contradicting yourself, unless I'm misunderstanding. You say pictures go with Pixel, but OnePlus improves on the Pixel's quality? And I don't care about the notch. Rather have that than a random circle in my screen like Samsung lmao. I feel like I'd always think my screen's going out. Plus, I'd have a notch regardless, although OnePlus's admittedly looks much smaller. And I have zero use for dual sim phones, so that doesn't sell me at all. Rather have an SD card there

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You're kind of contradicting yourself, unless I'm misunderstanding. You say pictures go with Pixel, but OnePlus improves on the Pixel's quality? And I don't care about the notch. Rather have that than a random circle in my screen like Samsung lmao. I feel like I'd always think my screen's going out. Plus, I'd have a notch regardless, although OnePlus's admittedly looks much smaller. And I have zero use for dual sim phones, so that doesn't sell me at all. Rather have an SD card there

No, OnePlus devices improve photo quality when using the Google Camera (ported), compared with the OP stock camera app.

About the notch, I don't like them and I always use Nacho Notch. The main difference between Pixels and OnePlus 7 is how much room there's on the status bar for notifications and system icons.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Looks great !! But at this point even at this price I do think they got to start adding wireless and official water resistance rating. I mean the iPhone 11 costs only $100 more and you can argue all about specs but it's just a different experience. And we have Samsung phones especially the S10e and smaller S10 with deal prices close to what 7T costs and have all the features.

I'm going to buy anyways like I buy all phones but this definitely not the the runaway value for money.

I do love it's back to flat screen and oxygen OS is such a delight to use.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I'd also stay away from the T-Mobile branded one if I were you. Just go look at some of the oneplus7pro T-Mobile posts on xda, all of them wished they'd got the non T-Mobile version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae