OnePlus 7T is official.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd also stay away from the T-Mobile branded one if I were you. Just go look at some of the oneplus7pro T-Mobile posts on xda, all of them wished they'd got the non T-Mobile version.
Never get the crappy carrier branded device is my advice all the time

I have been away from them for many years and wouldn't go back even if they give for free

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Never get the crappy carrier branded device is my advice all the time

I have been away from them for many years and wouldn't go back even if they give for free
I'm for that advise as well but I recommend that anyone who goes unlocked makes sure that certain desired carrier features are not eliminated by doing so.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been researching the Pixel 4 and though it looks cool, I really don't think it's for me.

I've always wanted a OnePlus phone. I'm going to look more into the 7T. Very excited to see what's coming up for Android in the next month. Until then, I'm sticking with my Pixel 2.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been researching the Pixel 4 and though it looks cool, I really don't think it's for me.

I've always wanted a OnePlus phone. I'm going to look more into the 7T. Very excited to see what's coming up for Android in the next month. Until then, I'm sticking with my Pixel 2.

I have had very good experiences with OnePlus devices. This 7T looks like another winner, though the reports (from multiple reviewers) of mediocre battery life is a little surprising for a OnePlus device.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had very good experiences with OnePlus devices. This 7T looks like another winner, though the reports (from multiple reviewers) of mediocre battery life is a little surprising for a OnePlus device.

Oh, really? That is too bad! Isn't it supposed to be 3800 mAh? Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with another device.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh, really? That is too bad! Isn't it supposed to be 3800 mAh? Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with another device.

The 855+ is a more power hungry chip, because (as I understand it) it's overclocked. So that could be part of it.

On the flip side, OnePlus is really good with stability and OS updates, so they may take some steps to improve the battery longevity in the coming weeks.

If this device had 6T like battery performance I'd be tempted to sell my 7 Pro for one. Mostly because i really prefer a flat screen.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The 855+ is a more power hungry chip, because (as I understand it) it's overclocked. So that could be part of it.

On the flip side, OnePlus is really good with stability and OS updates, so they may take some steps to improve the battery longevity in the coming weeks.

If this device had 6T like battery performance I'd be tempted to sell my 7 Pro for one. Mostly because i really prefer a flat screen.
I see what you are saying. Hopefully future updates will improve SOT. And yes! Curved screens are nice I suppose but I do prefer flat ones. Plus, flat ones are easier to protect for the most part.

spwexler

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I've had a P2XL for about a year and half and very happy with it. I don't see any major upgrades to the pixel 3 or 4 series,not to mention I'm not willing to pay 899 for the P4XL. Might try the iPhone 11 for 699. I was considering the OP 7T, but now I'm not so sure.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had a P2XL for about a year and half and very happy with it. I don't see any major upgrades to the pixel 3 or 4 series. I think the OP 7T is my next phone.
I too don't really see much of a difference between the Pixel 2 and the 3/4 series. Not worth it, IMO.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Am I the only one bummed about this being cheaper than the OnePlus 7 Pro?

Just killed any resale value that I had..
I'm happy with the 1+7pro , 7t wasn't on my radar when I purchased it and bee T model would come shortly . Love the pop up camera

WinTheDay

Aug 19, 2019
Visit site
I'm happy with the 1+7pro , 7t wasn't on my radar when I purchased it and bee T model would come shortly . Love the pop up camera

Sure we knew the rumors of it coming... but who knew it would retail at $100 cheaper than the 7P? That's my only beef with it.

I do enjoy my 7P (except for the cameras).

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone chose this over the OnePlus 7 Pro? Debating between the 2 and it's hard lol.
I think you need to decide what you like more. Flat vs curved screen. Small notch vs popup camera.

I personally would go for the T because of those two things but it's very subjective.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I think you need to decide what you like more. Flat vs curved screen. Small notch vs popup camera.

I personally would go for the T because of those two things but it's very subjective.

Thanks! I guess it comes down to whatever is cheaper. I'm currently using the Note 10+ with it's curved screen, but I don't mind using a flat one at all. It would help with screen protectors, as well. The camera doesn't matter that much, I'd prefer to have a pop-up camera as I don't use the front camera much anyways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro