OnePlus 7T vs 7 Pro

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hello!
What made you choose the 7T over the 7 Pro? Specifically here in the US. I'm deciding between the 2 right now and I'm finding it tough. I prefer the notchless screen, but I can live with a notch, as it's not a huge concern.

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I chose the 7t because of how “large” all of the reviews said the 7 Pro is, and it can be hard to use. The $100 difference is a bonus, but I do like design and QHD display on the pro.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey, the reason I waited for the 7t and didn't jump on the 7 pro is my good friend works at TMobile and uses the 7 pro every day, she did really like the phone but the selfie camera started to really annoy her. And she does take a lot of selfies. I don't take a lot of selfies but having that camera popping out when I need it just seems dumb. But that my opinion. So I opted to wait for the 7t. And it's been absolutely amazing so far. (Coming from the 6t)

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have this same question as the OP. As I posted in another thread, I took a chance by ordering the European version of the 7T Pro to see if it would work in the US on Verizon ... only to discover today that they won't support it (even though all the relevant spec's are identical to the 7 Pro and 7T, which they do support). That said, it's a friggin' gorgeous device, although surprisingly heavy.

So, I'm returning the 7T Pro and am stuck deciding between the 7T and the 7 Pro. The advantages of the 7T are price, Android 10 out of the box (meaning more future upgrades than the 7 Pro), and Macro no the cam (I've read that the difference between WarpCharge 30T vs WarpCharge 30 isn't that significant). But, as shallow as this may sound, the camera bump is just hideous to me, although a concede a case will help conceal that. And 2x vs 3x optical zoom.

And I take about 1 selfie a year (and my company doesn't permit face unlock if I have work email on my phone), so I actually like the front-facing camera arrangement on the 7 Pro.

One question I have is, how difficult is it to get a decent - no bubbles and no lint - seal on a tempered glass screen protector on the 7 Pro?

Any thoughts?

Incredibles2

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
Be forewarned. Bought directly from one plus store USA version and using Verizon. Discovered wifi call feature not in menu. Verizon tech support said feature is enabled. Called one plus support (phillipines) and was told feature is not available if using Verizon. Only available if using t mobile. Also on Verizon you need to have network feature " cdma less" enabled via tech support or through "my Verizon account" otherwise inbound texts won't go through.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up
Be forewarned. Bought directly from one plus store USA version and using Verizon. Discovered wifi call feature not in menu. Verizon tech support said feature is enabled. Called one plus support (phillipines) and was told feature is not available if using Verizon. Only available if using t mobile. Also on Verizon you need to have network feature " cdma less" enabled via tech support or through "my Verizon account" otherwise inbound texts won't go through.

Guatiao

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all for the feedback on both models. My S9 is paid for (T-Mobile), and I'm debating if decreased battery performance is already a compelling reason to get a new phone. The latest Galaxy phones (10/20) are rather expensive for my budget at the moment, and the going deals are not enticing enough for me either.

My wife's 6T has perfomed very vey well, so I'm leaning towards the brand now.