OP 7T Battery

2crazy98

Jul 4, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, with the fast charging this phone has do you guys just keep the battery between 40- 80% or do you still keep it between that 40 - 95%?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just use the phone as intended and when I feel it needs charged I plug it in and charge it to 100%..why would you do anything else? That whole don't charge to 100 and don't let it go below a certain level is pure myth. I've never followed that and have never had an issue with battery

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had no such trade offs. So you believe what you want.
I'll believe the team that put groups of batteries to a real test with published results. I'm not saying you are lying, but your anecdotal N=1 experiment can not be extrapolated to Li-ion batteries in general. Without knowing your entire usage history to account for all the other variables involved, who's to say if you've just been lucky, simply didn't notice the capacity loss, or if other protective measures were at play.

By your logic, I could say keeping your battery fully charged would kill it in about 6 months, disproving your claim about the charging myth. Why? Because it happened to me. But I don't make that claim because I don't expect anyone to simply take my word for it. We've also had a lot of other users here reporting both good and bad results with full charging and discharging. That's why the "it didn't happen to me" line of thinking is a fallacy.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'll believe the team that put groups of batteries to a real test with published results. I'm not saying you are lying, but your anecdotal N=1 experiment can not be extrapolated to Li-ion batteries in general. Without knowing your entire usage history to account for all the other variables involved, who's to say if you've just been lucky, simply didn't notice the capacity loss, or if other protective measures were at play.

By your logic, I could say keeping your battery fully charged would kill it in about 6 months, disproving your claim about the charging myth. Why? Because it happened to me. But I don't make that claim because I don't expect anyone to simply take my word for it. We've also had a lot of other users here reporting both good and bad results with full charging and discharging. That's why the "it didn't happen to me" line of thinking is a fallacy.

I've support 1000's of phones in my years and have had a lot of phones and never have I or any of my users killed a battery from keeping it charged to 100%.

Like I said, if that's the logic you want to follow more power to you, I have never experienced that and my phones or my users phones. For every paper that says what you posted there are ones that will counter that logic. Believe what you believe and roll with it. Piece...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke