Has anyone activated a OnePlus 7T on Metro by T-Mobile? Need help

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My friend ordered a OnePlus 7T and called Metro to activate it on Saturday the 16th of Nov. His attempt to activate the phone was unsuccessful. Today, Sunday the 17th of Nov, he went to a Metro store to activate the phone and they too were unable to assist him. He was told there is some other department that he cannot communicate with that has to take care of some behind the scenes stuff in order for the phone to work. My friend also called OnePlus to confirm that the phone is unlocked. They did confirm the phone is unlocked. Apparently my friend heard via some forum that something related to the ASN needs to changed on the SIM card. We can't testify to that yet though. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I need to know because I am also looking to buy the OnePlus 7T. More importantly, has anyone successfully activated the OnePlus 7T on Metro??

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Apologies I posted this question in the wrong forum. I reposted this question in the "Oneplus 7T & OnePlus 7T Pro" forum
And one of the mods saw the duplicate and deleted the wrong one. In the future, just report the post (the triangle with the exclamation point) and ask for the thread to be moved. We'll move it for you and avoid all that.

Apparently my friend heard via some forum that something related to the ASN needs to changed on the SIM card.
Probably someone posted (or meant) ESN, and that's for CDMA carriers (Sprint and Verizon) and has nothing to do with the SIM card. (The account may have to have the ESN changed, and the account goes by 2 numbers - the phone number and the SIM card number.)

At any rate, TMobile has to do something in the back office to activate the phone, and they work Monday to Friday. (The phone has all the required band coverage, so there should be no problem - once they provision [properly set up] the account.)

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My friend actually did walk into a Metro store today and they activated the phone quickly! Long story short the only problem was that he tried to activate the phone on the weekend which pretty inconvenient but hey at least we figured it out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My friend actually did walk into a Metro store today and they activated the phone quickly! Long story short the only problem was that he tried to activate the phone on the weekend which pretty inconvenient but hey at least we figured it out.
Glad it's working

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae