McLaren Edition coming Friday to T-Mobile

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else excited? Or am I the only one?
I've pre ordered and paid extra to have expedited delivery but from what I'm reading, the stores are supposed have it in stock Friday, but every store I call say they don't know if they'll have any Friday.
But I'm excited to get it.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm very interested in this phone too and have wavering back and forth between pre-ordering and trying to pick one up in a store on Friday. I'm not surprised to read you reporting that store employees are stating they don't know if they'll have any in-stock on Friday. My experience is that Tmo employees are generally pretty evasive about what will be in stock and when. Maybe an insurance thing, they don't want bad guys knowing what is coming in and when? Who knows?

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty excited as well! I like my T-Mobile OnePlus 7pro and have the international version of software installed for faster updates, but am excited to see how the McLaren 5G works in my area.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Well.....I decided not to wait and pre-order through the Tmo web site. FYI, Tmo must be selling these like hot cakes. The estimated ship date has changed from 12/6 -12/06 TO 12/7 - 12/16. Feel like I'm ordering an iPhone......GRIN! I wouldn't be surprised if these never show up in store, IMHO.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Well that will make me feel a little better about the situation lol. I actually ordered one Monday but they were sending it by ground shipping. I called back Tuesday and cancelled and reordered and paid for the expedited shipping. It's still not processed but it is still saying ships 12-6. So if it gets here Tuesday, which is what I'm expecting, that won't be so bad.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I called back Tuesday and cancelled and reordered and paid for the expedited shipping.

You should have twisted the customer service rep's arm a bit. When the rep reviewed the shipping options with me I pointed out that I have been a customer for 10 years and have 5 active lines with Tmo. Then I asked if anything could be done about the shipping fee. The rep paused for a moment and gave me expedited shipping for free.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I should have gave it a shot. I've been having a time with them as it over my credit limit. I been with them for just over 6 years and I added 2 lines and got the free line last week. I got 2 iPhones that day and I went back Wednesday to get another one for the 4th line and I was told my credit limit was maxed out. So I've got a line with no phone now. I'll just get one through Samsung or Apple, but thankfully the line is free. I kind of made a fuss so right now I'm happy they're letting me do my Jump on Demand exchange for this phone.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
No pics yet? I’m really debating getting one today or Pixel 4XL.

Hard decision. If I was trying to make the decision, it would come down to OS updates versus having 5G. Since the McLaren is a carrier phone, you may not get the speedy updates OnePlus is known for. With the 4XL, no 5G. Good luck with the decision. Both are strong devices.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hard decision. If I was trying to make the decision, it would come down to OS updates versus having 5G. Since the McLaren is a carrier phone, you may not get the speedy updates OnePlus is known for. With the 4XL, no 5G. Good luck with the decision. Both are strong devices.

Picked up the Pixel. Was literally 50/50 between the two devices and since they didn't have a OnePlus in stock that made my mind up. Plus the camera is a big deal for me so that helped with my decision as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan