Switched from the S10+ to OP7T Pro 5G T-Mo

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The lack of IP rating gives me pause, but everything else about the device is great!
Like the 1+7pro I have lacks water resistant rating but you take sim card tray out and see tear down video it has water resistant gaskets , I think they didn't want to pay for the water resistant certification keep cost down.

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site
Like the 1+7pro I have lacks water resistant rating but you take sim card tray out and see tear down video it has water resistant gaskets , I think they didn't want to pay for the water resistant certification keep cost down.

This looks to be exactly the case. OnePlus released a video at the time dunking a 7 pro in a bucket of water, and pete lau said it would ad 35$ to each unit for the actual rating. Also a bunch of reviewers put the OP7 Pro in water for their reviews, and anecdotally, I dropped mine in a swimming pool and never had an issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This looks to be exactly the case. OnePlus released a video at the time dunking a 7 pro in a bucket of water, and pete lau said it would ad 35$ to each unit for the actual rating. Also a bunch of reviewers put the OP7 Pro in water for their reviews, and anecdotally, I dropped mine in a swimming pool and never had an issue.
Wow 35.00 each unit geez!

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

I'd gladly pay the extra $30 for the official rating.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone 11 Pro Max to a OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren edition phone and holy cow, the 5G is fast! I am pulling in 132Mbps in St. Paul, MN. That's 2x's better than what I was pulling in on 4G LTE. Plus, everything but the phone is great except the cameras. The cameras are okay. And the tempered glass screen protectors you can buy for the phone at T-Mobile are crap. Don't buy them. The fingerprint sensor doesn't work with them. Buy a cheap TPU screen protector on Amazon.
We know 5G is faster than 4G but is part of the reason it's exceedingly fast because it's being underutilized at the moment?

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site
We know 5G is faster than 4G but is part of the reason it's exceedingly fast because it's being underutilized at the moment?

Yes, but it is also under built. They should scale together, with the network and capacity improving as more people move to is, and while you will not see increasing 4G Speeds, as the 5g network is built out you should at least see more consistent speeds at 4G

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

it's not fast because it's not being used that much as fast because it has a bigger pipeline. LTE just has a lower throughput. As more bandwidth it will have more speed and more capacity to build a hold more people and not slow down.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
it's not fast because it's not being used that much as fast because it has a bigger pipeline. LTE just has a lower throughput. As more bandwidth it will have more speed and more capacity to build a hold more people and not slow down.
It can become crowded like anything else. Of course it will still be faster than 4G

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
It can become crowded like anything else. Of course it will still be faster than 4G

This is true, however again just like any other Wi-Fi kind of network or even mobile network the more bandwidth you have meaning the bigger pipeline the more people that can be on it while keeping the same speeds. Unlike LTE if you have more people on it and not a lot of airways are been with your speeds are going to be significantly reduced with a lot of people.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is true, however again just like any other Wi-Fi kind of network or even mobile network the more bandwidth you have meaning the bigger pipeline the more people that can be on it while keeping the same speeds. Unlike LTE if you have more people on it and not a lot of airways are been with your speeds are going to be significantly reduced with a lot of people.
We'll know for sure what we have when we have it. Right now we're not there yet.

thunder18

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Still happy with it? Thinking about making the jump to the 7T Pro Mclaren now that Oneplus is selling the T-Mobile version directly.

thunder18

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Still happy with it? Thinking about making the jump to the 7T Pro Mclaren now that Oneplus is selling the T-Mobile version directly.

And I got mine yesterday direct from Oneplus. Like it so far. Was surprised to learn the stock launcher does not allow home screen looping though. Had that for so long on LG phones, I just thought it was a standard feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae