Switched from the S10+ to OP7T Pro 5G T-Mo

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I love the phone, love the 90hz refresh rate. Battery life too early to say. But yes, don't expect a big difference with the first Stage of 5G deployed, 600mhz. For me it has been no difference, have it at home. Speed is still very slow, my games lag. I only got the phone to test it out and cause I got bored of the S10+. I am in Houston TX, and tomorrow I will drive to Waco TX, 3 hours away, and I'll definitely test the rural areas. Beautiful phone regardless.

PS, you get a nice free carbon fiber case with the phone, in the box.FB_IMG_1575789668718.jpegScreenshot_20191207-200640.jpeg

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If T-Mobile had one in stock yesterday I would have bought it. I went on the fence between the Pixel 4XL and the McLaren and so I ended up getting the Pixel and I love it. That McLaren was amazing though and I would have probably loved it equally.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing people post 5g speeds that low. When I tested in a store the speeds were closer to 100. Guest the time of day and network congestion also played a factor.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
So, I read that the McLaren edition (at least the international version) comes pre-installed with a screen protector. Can you confirm?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
TMobile McLaren doesn't have a protector pre installed. also this battery life is terrible

Thanks for the update. As for battery life, my experience with Android is the first couple of days are not a good predictor for battery life due to apps loading and the OS calibrating itself. Let us know how it's behaving in about 5 days.

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Curious - I received my order McLaren Friday but didn't get a carbon fiber case in the box. Did you receive one from T-Mobile?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Curious - I received my order McLaren Friday but didn't get a carbon fiber case in the box. Did you receive one from T-Mobile?

I believe you should gave gotten one. Based on what I've seen, it's kind of hidden within the main box at the bottom. kind of nested within the main box. Check out this un-boxing video about 2:50 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2jUH49wqYU

Last edited:

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Found it! That's a nice surprise! Called T-Mobile and they said it didn't come with a case. Go Figure! I just hope the battery settles down.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Interesting, OnePlus has McLaren, Huawei Porsche. Wonder what Samsung will have if and when they jump into the milking band wagon? Anyone hazard a guess?

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I can't post pictures but go to the Samsung Shop website or Best Buy. This is from Best Buy. I would love to have ordered it. But $1,300 is a little strong for my wallet this close to Christmas.

"Wield the mystical power of the Force with this unlocked 256GB Samsung Galaxy Note10+ Star Wars phone. The 12GB of RAM and 2.9GHz octa-core processor offer speed and performance, while the 6.8-inch AMOLED Infinity display delivers immersive visuals. This black Samsung Galaxy Note10+ Star Wars phone features the Star Wars logo, Sith-inspired accents and packaging for a dark faraway galaxy vibe."

Last edited:

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
For some reason I can't post pictures but go to the Samsung Shop website or Best Buy. This is from Best Buy. I would love to have ordered it. But $1,300 is a little strong for my wallet this close to Christmas.

"Wield the mystical power of the Force with this unlocked 256GB Samsung Galaxy Note10+ Star Wars phone. The 12GB of RAM and 2.9GHz octa-core processor offer speed and performance, while the 6.8-inch AMOLED Infinity display delivers immersive visuals. This black Samsung Galaxy Note10+ Star Wars phone features the Star Wars logo, Sith-inspired accents and packaging for a dark faraway galaxy vibe."
$1300, too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid