Switched from the S10+ to OP7T Pro 5G T-Mo

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't have a screen protector. Only a case brother

Thanks, got the phone and noticed it doesn't. I ordered one but it hasn't arrived yet. TBH, I'm reluctant to put one on. Seems people are having issues with the fingerprint scanner after installing screen protectors. Has anyone installed a screen protector that plays nice with the McLaren fingerprint scanner?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
First off, I use iPhone as my daily driver on t mobile. I have a extra line I got a few years back and bought a McLaren off of swappa to try out the 5G. I also had the OG OnePlus One when it came out. Nice phone! Cannot judge battery life cause I am not using it full time.

Did a speed test the first day (Dec 26) and get 176 down and 52 up. Not bad! In Plano area of DFW.

t mobie 5G.jpg

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Curious - I received my order McLaren Friday but didn't get a carbon fiber case in the box. Did you receive one from T-Mobile?

Definitely hidden. The used one I bought from swap came with two cases and the one in the bottom of the box it comes in was unused.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, got the phone and noticed it doesn't. I ordered one but it hasn't arrived yet. TBH, I'm reluctant to put one on. Seems people are having issues with the fingerprint scanner after installing screen protectors. Has anyone installed a screen protector that plays nice with the McLaren fingerprint scanner?

My used mclaren came with a glass screen protector installed and I cannot get the fingerprint scanner to work at all. Using the face id. the little selfie camera popping up is kinda cool.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
An update......got my glass screen protector from China and installed it. Fit is OK, not great and big bubbles but the finger print scanner is unaffected, works great. Not a permanent solution, search continues.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
An update......got my glass screen protector from China and installed it. Fit is OK, not great and big bubbles but the finger print scanner is unaffected, works great. Not a permanent solution, search continues.

Glad that the fingerprint scanner is working under the screen protector. Have you tried Amazon?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Does the OP website have any screen protectors? Can't remember if they give you a plastic screen protector preinstalled on the phone or not.

No screen protector from OP on the Tmo variant and they haven't listed any for the 7T Pro yet. I'm waiting for them for my next purchase.

Jim Scheiner

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
From what I have read, 5G speeds will really improve when the switch is pulled on the Sprint - T-Mobile merger. I see a small improvement on 5G on mine now. It does seem that the tower that you are on makes a ton of differnces. I don't believe that all towers are updated yet. I live in the Houston suburbs and I'll get 100+ on one tower and 20-30 Mbps on a neighboring tower. We are early adopters and things only will get better in a bit.

I love my McLaren. I used to be a Google fan boy but found that although they gave you the latest updates, many were really buggy and they were really, really slow to fix serious bugs.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
From what I have read, 5G speeds will really improve when the switch is pulled on the Sprint - T-Mobile merger. I see a small improvement on 5G on mine now. It does seem that the tower that you are on makes a ton of differnces. I don't believe that all towers are updated yet. I live in the Houston suburbs and I'll get 100+ on one tower and 20-30 Mbps on a neighboring tower. We are early adopters and things only will get better in a bit.

I love my McLaren. I used to be a Google fan boy but found that although they gave you the latest updates, many were really buggy and they were really, really slow to fix serious bugs.

I was reading today that an analysist that attended the trial says there is a 60% change the judge will side with the states and not approve the tmo/sprint merger. I sure hope they are wrong

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone 11 Pro Max to a OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren edition phone and holy cow, the 5G is fast! I am pulling in 132Mbps in St. Paul, MN. That's 2x's better than what I was pulling in on 4G LTE. Plus, everything but the phone is great except the cameras. The cameras are okay. And the tempered glass screen protectors you can buy for the phone at T-Mobile are crap. Don't buy them. The fingerprint sensor doesn't work with them. Buy a cheap TPU screen protector on Amazon.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone 11 Pro Max to a OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren edition phone and holy cow, the 5G is fast! I am pulling in 132Mbps in St. Paul, MN. That's 2x's better than what I was pulling in on 4G LTE. Plus, everything but the phone is great except the cameras. The cameras are okay. And the tempered glass screen protectors you can buy for the phone at T-Mobile are crap. Don't buy them. The fingerprint sensor doesn't work with them. Buy a cheap TPU screen protector on Amazon.

Wow, that’s a huge change. Other than the cameras, anything else bother you about the switch? I’m looking at doing something similar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay