Quick Charging Compatibility

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
Greetings, OP users!

I'm considering switching from my Pixel 3 to a OnePlus phone (perhaps the 8 or 8 Pro sometime this year?). Since I've owned two Pixels, I have an extensive collection of USB-C Power Delivery cables that are compatible with Pixel quick charging. I know that OnePlus has it's own version called Warp Charging. My question is, what is the compatibility of OnePlus phones and USB-C PD cables and chargers? Would a OP phone only quick charge with a Warp Charge charger and make all of my cables be obsolete?

Thanks for the info!

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
answer your question yes and no you're only can get worked charging using their cables because they special design them. though you get 18 watt charging with the pixel cables or power delivery. until pixels come out with 30 watt charging. I have the cable that comes with the phone and I bought a extra charger and cable fear in a car charger fear but I didn't have any power delivery cables. you'll just be charging 18 Watts or 18 amps. so you won't be charging at Warp charging

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
So I'm just now realizing that Warp Charge actually uses a USB-C to USB-A cable. Has anyone accomplished fast charging using a C to C cable??

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site
The OnePlus 7 Pro series supports USB-PD up to 15W. So USB-C to C cables will work just fine and deliver almost max PD speed. The Warp Charger and cable that come with the phone will deliver double the power, 30W.

The OnlePlus 7T Series is Fully Compatible with USB PD up to 18W. So USB-C to C cables will work just fine and deliver max PD speed. The Warp Charger and cable that come with the phone will deliver double the power, 30W.

Summery

Using your old Pixel PD Chargers will charge the OnePlus phone about as fast as it did your pixel.

Using the included charger will be much faster.

We dont know the Specs for the 8 Series, but you can expect them to meet or exceed the current gen I would assume.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante