Black semi circle on right side of screen

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello! I just bought this phone and I'm noticing this black spot on the side of the screen. Is this a setting or is my phone messed up?

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Sorry forgot to add this
5952934c002968becad3fa353e1e7b29.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That stinks.:( If the phone otherwise works normally, I'd guess you'll simply get used to it. If this guy was selling it on some kind of marketplace page on Facebook, then I'd post a warning to others about him, in case he tries to sell other damaged or faulty devices.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That stinks.:( If the phone otherwise works normally, I'd guess you'll simply get used to it. If this guy was selling it on some kind of marketplace page on Facebook, then I'd post a warning to others about him, in case he tries to sell other damaged or faulty devices.
Good point , sad things like this happens.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think Facebook has buyer protection, but I think that is only if you pay thru Facebook or PayPal, whatever they use for payment options.

You can try to do a warranty claim thru Samsung directly. I know from past experiences that Verizon won't warranty a phone that wasn't bought on your account new. They won't even warranty a phone bought from Samsung direct, they will transfer you to to Samsung. I would think Samsung would warranty it though as long as there's no physical damage.

If this was a local buy, I would be mad enough to take the seller to small claims court, probably still lose, but the fact they get served papers they are getting sued and have to go to court might be enough to get something from them to avoid dealing with it.

Good luck.. Keep us posted

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Lol, how did I get that post. I try to exclude anything but Samsung phones. Now I have to go and start editing what posts I get, damn it.

My apologies.. But the Verizon stuff still stands far as I know.

You know, Samsung ran through my mind as well when I saw this post because I recall a recent thread about a similar screen defect, I think for a Samsung phone. Maybe you saw that one too!

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
You know, Samsung ran through my mind as well when I saw this post because I recall a recent thread about a similar screen defect, I think for a Samsung phone. Maybe you saw that one too!
Probably a Samsung display on both?

As was mentioned Facebook Marketplace does have Purchase Protection. I would start there filing a claim. If that fails, maybe it is a known issue that can be addressed through the manufacturer. Though I wonder if it would be registered to the previous owner as far as warranty goes?