Security Update?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
And now the good news. Once you are back to the stable channel you'll get the update notifications all the way to Android 12.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
When you download the rollback package move it to the root directory (from Downloads) and make sure that it ends in '.zip'. Depending on the way you download it (OnePlus app, browser ...) could end in '.zip.jar' and you need to rename it removing that '.jar' part.

Which is the "Root Directory"?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Here's a screenshot .
cfd9de690bb0bdac2228977b4a9e19a8.jpg
ba80b3d4391d2a662b10c3376534ec25.jpg
Did you solve your problem? The first full zip for stable Android 12 is already available. If you don't get the update notification you can use the Oxygen Updater app, not official but 100% safe and reliable.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The Android 12 update was waiting for me as soon as I restarted the device. Thanks for your help! Now to figure out why my AOD isn't staying on all of the time since the update

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The Android 12 update was waiting for me as soon as I restarted the device. Thanks for your help! Now to figure out why my AOD isn't staying on all of the time since the update
I've seen a few reports about that issue. There are a couple of things that seem to work for some users. First make sure that you have selected 'All day' in the AoD settings. If that doesn't work set a schedule, apply and then set All Day again.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes it did.
I've found reports of some widgets not working properly and issues with widgets in the shelf but nothing like your problem. Strange. Now that you have set a custom launcher you could clear data/storage for the stock one and see if you get the option back. This will delete your previous home screen setup, only with the OP launcher not the one you have with Microsoft.

Poolman55

Feb 4, 2021
Visit site
I've found reports of some widgets not working properly and issues with widgets in the shelf but nothing like your problem. Strange. Now that you have set a custom launcher you could clear data/storage for the stock one and see if you get the option back. This will delete your previous home screen setup, only with the OP launcher not the one you have with Microsoft.

I will try that when I get home.